Chapter Four (Cedric)

I cried out.
The boy had cut my wrists with a knife.
Adding a new cut with the others.
Electricity crackled around me.
The boy was with Eclipse. I knew it.
He had black hair and hazel eyes.
He wore all black from his head to his toes.
"Oh Cedric." He said. "You're so weak. I don't know why Eclipse is even interested in you."

Electricity shot out of me towards him.
With a simple flick of his hand darkness came and swallowed it.
"Really Cedric? Play nice."

I said nothing and tried to calm myself down. It wasn't good when I was angry or upset. My powers were uncontrollable then.

"Oh please Cedric." He said. "Don't kill me. Like you killed your own family. I'm not surprised your sister isn't dead yet."

'Not my fault.' I tried to remind myself. 'Not my....

Someone knocked on the door.
The boy smirked.
"Your sister has come after all. Well I really should be going."
He took his knife and looked at the cuts he made on my arms. "I'm sorry Cedric." He smirked. "I really am. But you shouldn't of done it to yourself first."

I lost it.
Energy powered in and out of me.
The door flew off its hinges and the boy was gone.
"Cedric!" I heard someone call.
I stood up and staggered to the door.
My sister Lindy stood there, unharmed.
Thank god.
"Oh god Cedric." She hugged me then noticed the cuts. Her face fell and she looked up at me.

"Not me." I whispered. "Not this time."

"Cedric... What happened."

"That doesn't matter right now." I said. "I will tell you later... Just how aren't you hurt?"

"We can control damn elements Cedric." She said.

I nodded. "Oh... Yeah right."

"Now really you should go to the infirmary before..." She trailed off as she saw Director D running towards us. Director D is around forty years old. He has black hair and dark brown eyes. A black beard covers his chin.

"Cedric!" He exclaimed. "What happened!"

I sighed and explained it all using my sign language. I really didn't like talking. I only ever talked to Lindy.
I told Director D everything that happened.
The mystery boy, my powers.
Once I was done Director D looked at my wrists. "You really need to go to the infirmary." He said.

I nodded and began to jog there.
Lindy decided to follow.
"Cedric... Who was the boy?" She asked as we walked down the halls. I held my wrist with one hand, trying to stop the bleeding.

I shook my head. "You'll think I'm crazy." I said.

"No I won't." She said. "C'mon just tell me!"

I said nothing as we walked into the infirmary.
I couldn't trust anyone with the name of the boy. It would get me a room in the insane asylum.
Tara was standing at the front desk writing on a paper.
She looked at my wrists then at me.
"Cedric! What the hell!" She exclaimed, rushing over.
Meet Tara, one of our friends. An earth elementalist. She often hangs out in the infirmary.

'Long story.' I signed with my hands.

"First Vlad... Now you." She sighed and began walking into one of the rooms.

"Wait... Vlad?" Lindy asked.

Tara nodded. "He won't say exactly what happened. A boy attacked him. Someone who could control darkness."

I tensed. What if it was the same boy who attacked me?

"And well he obviously lost." She sighed. "Here Cedric let me see your wrists."

I held out my bleeding wrist and she cleaned it out and wrapped it in bandages.
'Thank you.' I signed.

She nodded. "You're welcome."

'Can I see Vlad?' I sighed.

She thought for a moment before nodded. "Yeah sure. He might be sleeping though. He got beat pretty bad."

I nodded and we walked down the halls. I wondered how hurt I would of been if Lindy never showed up to my door. And I didn't even get to tell her why I wanted to see her.

Lindy glanced at the clock which read nine o'clock.
"I have to go." She put a hand on my shoulder. "See you soon. Okay?"

I nodded and she left the infirmary.
Tara opened a door and there was Vlad. Sound asleep.

"There's some things I need to finish." Tara said. "You can stay with him as long as you want. But make sure to get some sleep as well."

I nodded. 'Thank you.' I signed.

"You're welcome." She said and walked out of the room.

I pulled up a chair by Vlad's bed and sat down.
Just like mine his wrists were bandaged up. Blood seeped through them. His face was all cut and bruised. I couldn't see any other injuries but I knew it was much worse then what I just say.
Slowly Vlad opened his eyes. "You know it was him right?" Vlad asked. "He works for Eclipse. We thought he was dead."

I went to sign something but Vlad stopped me.

"I know you talk." He said. "Just talk to me. No one else is here."

I nodded. "Yeah. H-He attacked me as well." I showed my wrists. "Why only us?" I asked.

"Eclipse knows we have power. Strong power. He wants to make us suffer."

"The boy. What are we gonna tell everyone else? They will never believe us." I said, shaking my head.

"Then we don't tell." He whispered.

"But... We can't just let the kid think his own brother is dead." I said, my voice raising a bit.

"And we can't let him know that his own brother is evil either. You should go. It's late. And you need rest." He said. "I'm sure he won't come back."

"And if he does?" I asked.

"Then Virgil is a big dumbass." He smiled.

I nodded and stood up. I returned the chair and went to leave when Vlad said. "Don't tell Aquarius. I know what it would be like."
Before I could say anything I left.
Slowly I walked to my room not hurrying.
Behind me I heard a voice. "Tell Aquarius." It said. "Tell Aquarius that his dear brother Virgil is alive."
I turned around to see Virgil disappear.
Then I took off running.