Chapter 8: What the Actual Hell?

Sorry guys, very very very overdue chapter but I want you all to know that I will continue to update this story! Hope you enjoy it!

Picture of Dazzle!

I stand in the clearing for several minutes, my fingers tracing my still swollen lips and my mind reeling from last night's events. I'm a werewolf, I'm adopted, I have a mate, and my mate in particular is an alpha which therefore makes me the Luna. Like seriously, what the actual hell? I shake my head once more and look around, getting a sense of my surroundings. I'm in the clearing where I first shifted that I know, but how exactly do I get home? I decide to follow my instincts and begin aimlessly walking through the think forest, not going in any particular direction. It is however when I stumble onto neatly cut grass that I look up from the ground and see that I have unbelievably found my way back to my house. From the look of it my parents are still asleep based on the lack of lightening. Thank God! I cautiously walk up the porch steps and open the back door. Before fully entering I peer around, confirming my earlier assumption that my parents were in fact still asleep. Then I enter and make my way up the stairs towards my room; wincing as a loose floor board creeks underneath my foot.

I finally reach my room and my gaze immediately goes to my alarm clock which says in big bold number's 7:30AM.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I curse, realizing that the bus is going to arrive in half an hour for school. "Mom, dad wake up!" I yell as I scramble into the bathroom and tear off my filthy, dirt drenched clothing. Once in I look down at myself and gag in response, my nails are caked in dirt and blood and as I run my hand through my wet hair it also comes out filthy. It is as I scrub my body clean from the filth that the scent reaches my nostrils. It is a musty, strong smell. Not very appealing in my taste, actually if I were to compare it to something I'd say it smells like wet dog.

"Oh my God, it's me, I'm the wet dog!" I screech as I realize the stench is coming from me. I immediately hop out of the shower and rummage through my body supplies under the covert, retrieving my peach and strawberry scented body wash. I scrub it all over my body several times, trying to physically wash away the stench but it never lessens. Finally giving up, school being the main priority I get out and rap a towel around my body as I sneak back into my room which is right across the hall. Opening my closet I sniff out my cleanest pair of blue jeans, yes I said sniff, my sense of smell has majorly increased to my own benefit. I match it with one of my grey baggy school sweaters and jog downstairs.

Just as I reach the bottom I see my mom holding out a plate with a chocolate pop-tart, my absolute favorite. I smile at her and take it graciously.

"Thanks mom, I'm starved." I say, while taking my usual place at the kitchen table across from my father reading his daily newspaper.

"I'm just happy I had time to make them for you. It seems the three of us were all very tired and slept in. You must have had quite a sleep Leah, are you feeling better?" She asks. I avoid the question and simply nod before taking a bite of my pop tart. It is when I taste the flavor of the pop tart that I have to stifle my reflex to gag, it tastes disgusting! May I repeat once more today, what the actual hell?! These are my favorites, but here I am staring at the piece of food like it is poisonous.

"Leah, are you okay?" My dad asks, worry etched on his face. I force myself to swallow and lie.

"Just chocked, I'm okay." Then I stuff the entire tart into my mouth and wash it down with a glass of orange juice which also makes me gag. What is wrong with my taste buds? I force one more smile at my parents before I dash back upstairs and into the bathroom, desperately reaching for my toothbrush and some much needed toothpaste.

I brush my teeth for about five minutes, which is the amount of time before the bus comes. It seems toothpaste doesn't taste any better that pop tarts or orange juice for that matter. I then sling my backpack over my shoulder and slip on my birks before hugging my mom a quick goodbye and heading outside. As I walk outside to wait for the bus I immediately feel the pull of the forest, calling me, like a quiet whisper. I involuntarily start wandering over to the edge, last night's memories of running on paws beside my pack catching me in a daze. It is however when a large honk of a horn from my dad's work truck sounds that I practically jump out of my own skin, literally! I instantly feel the animal inside me push to the surface, my wolf wanting to be released; she wanted to fight against the unknown danger that has presented itself. Fighting against my wolf proves to be a challenge as I find myself kneeling on the damp grass, inhaling deep, needy breaths. My hands clutch at the dirt, willing its essence to lend me strength.

"Man, sorry Leah, I didn't mean to scare you that bad!" I hear my dad yell from his truck which is leaving our driveway. "Have a nice day sweetheart and remember to call if you don't feel well." He adds and I hear him finally drive off.

I begin to believe I have regained control of my wolf but this hope immediately washes away when I taste a familiar flavor, similar to copper. I touch my lip and it comes back wet with blood. I realize then that there are two indents in my lower lip. I attentively reach slightly further into my mouth and feel two very sharp teeth, my canines seem to have fully extended and I don't know how to make them go away. Before I can begin to panic the bus arrives and I force myself to stand up, shaking the dirt off my jeans and clamp my mouth shut. I nod hello to my driver Jim, before making my way to the very back seat. I ignore everyone's curious glances, assuming they've all heard of my recent medical issue. It seems that I am literally a medical mystery, a title that has not gone unnoticed by the media. The entire ride to school is absolute hell. I keep my eyes shut, faking sleep which is actually utterly impossible based on the fact that my canines remain extended and that the level of noise is intolerable. I can hear everyone's distinct conversations from the rear of the bus all the way to the front. Most of their conversations consist of gossip about me, which doesn't help the throbbing headache that's building by the second.

My chapters are not too short right!?! Comment, vote and read on! Thanks guys :)

~Narcisse