Chapter 6: The Pack

So this chapter is beyond overdue but here it is!  Hope you guys enjoy meeting the pack! They're all quite unique! Characters for all of them in Cast!

Picture of Katy Above!

We walk for a few minutes in silence, Will casually swaying our entwined hands in the air and randomly squeezing our hands together tighter. This small gesture does wonders to calm my extreme nerves. I begin hearing chatter in the distance just as I notice a small smile curl Will's lips. His posture seems to straighten more and more as we approach the voices, demonstrating his level of dominance. I feel my heart flutter once more at how handsome he is, carrying this aura of power yet he can be so considerate and caring at the same time. After a few more minutes we reach the clearing which I recognize as the place I originally shifted. Similarly as before 10 figures stand before me, only this time instead of wolves they are people, 4 boys and 6 girls to be exact. The people have organized themselves in 5 rows, 2 per row. We place ourselves directly in front of the pack and Will clears his throat.

"My fellow pack members, I am overjoyed to finally announce that I have found my mate. Please welcome Miss Leah Crestie, my mate and your new Luna." Not sure exactly what to do I gingerly smile at them, but am soon taken off guard as each row begins bowing, demonstrating their respect. I start to bow myself but Will quickly stops me, chuckling to himself as he says.

"Darling, that's their job. We're the alphas; they naturally bow down to us." I look back and forth from Will to the pack and straighten back up, embarrassed. I hear several of the members snicker to themselves, obviously finding humor in my lack of experience with this alpha title. However, they immediately go quiet as Will releases a quiet yet warning growl. One of them in particular, a tall girl with wavy blond hair continues chuckling to herself which earns a steaming glare from Will. The girl begins staring back at him, pushing his patience which he clearly does not appreciate because he steps forward causing the girl to whimper and hide behind the tall boy beside her. 

My focus immediately changes direction from the obnoxious blond to a small girl with dirty blond hair which is braided down her back. She had suddenly emerged from the back of the group. I can tell she's a little younger than me, maybe around 13. This young girl runs up to me, a huge smile on her round face and abruptly hugs me. At first I'm taken off guard by the sudden affection but I find myself already feeling very protective over the young girl as I tighten my arms around her. Out of the corner of my eye I see Will's eyes light up at my actions towards the young girl, pride shining through.

"My name's Katy, it is wonderful to meet you Luna." She says smiling up at me.

"Hi Katy, you can call me Leah." I say smiling back. She nods and looks over at Will.

"Alpha Will, she's pretty." He smiles down at me and back over at Katy.

"Yes she is." He agrees as Katy gives a small wave, returning to her original spot and being replaced by a young boy, with blond wavy hair who appears to be around Katy's age but slightly taller.

-Nice to meet you Luna, I'm Leo, Katy's twin brother." I look back at the small girl and immediately see the similarities between these two siblings. Between their blue eyes and blond hair it is impossible to miss. I once again feel affection towards young Katy, hoping that this brother of hers always protects her, hoping she never loses her innocence. Leo bows to Will and I in respect and returns back over to his beaming sister.

The next member to approach is an older girl, probably around my age. She's very tall and skinny with curly blond hair that falls perfectly unto her shoulders.

"My names Dazzle" she says and then smiles at me, however it just doesn't seem genuine as she bows; a sarcastic grin spreading across her face. Will, who notices her disrespect growls, immediately wiping the grin off her face. She nods once more and returns to the second row from the back.

"What's with the rows Will?" I whisper, trying to be discreet but I'm guessing they can all hear anyway. Damn wolf hearing! He bends down and whispers in my ear.

"It's the levels of their ranking. The first row holds the betas, the second the delta's who are the third in command and after that it basically goes by age. That's why Katy and Leo are at the back, they're the youngest." I nod and turn back to the new boy standing before us.

He's also older, tall with broad shoulders. His short brown hair is slightly spiked and he has thick stubble along his face. He walks up to me and gently kisses my hand making me pause in shock. Will's possessiveness kicks in and he roughly pushes the boy away, taking my hand in his. Seeming unfazed by the situation, the boy smirks and says.

"My names Jake, how you doing?" This also earns a loud growl from Will, but Jake simply winks and saunters away. Beside me I feel Will taking large breaths, as he continues to glare at Jake.

"Will it's okay; he didn't mean anything by it." I say soothingly, in an attempt to calm Will's wolf who is right below the surface. I feel Will physically calm down from hearing my voice.

"I know he didn't, Dazzle's his mate, he can only truly feel for her. Jake just enjoys getting under my skin." He mumbles back as he finally turns his gaze away from the arrogant boy.

The next girl to approach is most definitely the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Unbelievably tall with long blond hair that flows half way down her back. I find myself admiring her, well until she speaks.

"Hi Luna." She says, over emphasizing the "Luna" with a sarcastic tone. "I'm Ashely, head cheerleader at Vancouver High." She adds. As she says this I instantly know who she is, although I've never spoken with her, many of my friends aka Casey refer to her as Vancouver High's main bitch.

"I see you know who I am, although I'm quite surprised, I didn't think people like you socialized out of your nerd group." She says, flashing her fangs as she smiles. However, before I am given a chance to react I see Ashely being thrown onto the grown by the force of a very large pissed off wolf. 

ohoh is Will gonna be able to control himself!?! You'll have to find out! Don't mess with an alpha's mate!