Chapter ThirtySeven

Trigger Warning: Mention of abuse

Harry's P.O.V

Draco and I moved into our new apartment shortly after the trial. We received tons of furniture from Draco's mother to complete our household. Ron and Hermione bought us kitchen essentials. And from Sirius we received toiletries. Draco and I were settled on our new couch discussing future jobs.

"I guess I can work at the restaurant down the street as a waiter or something." He suggested and I shrugged.

"We can search online and see what jobs are available." I suggested and he nodded.

"That's a good idea." He said and got up to get his laptop from our bedroom. I sighed as I put my head back on the back of the couch. My phone started ringing on my pocket so I pulled it out.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ah Mister Potter just the person I wanted to talk to." The lady voice said.

"Ah you're the defense attorney from the trial." I said.

"Yes that's me. We just found out how much time Blaise is getting in jail."

"Oh alright." I said. "How much time?"

"He will be serving a ten year sentence alongside Mr. Diggory." She told me.

"Don't rapists usually get at least twenty five years?" I asked.

"Usually but he confessed after a plea bargain was put into place. He will serve that amount of time and be registered as a sex offender." She said and Draco walked back into the room. He noticed I was on the phone and slowly made his way to me and sat down quietly.

"Alright well that's reassuring to hear. Thank you so much for everything. Really I appreciate it."

"Of course Mister Potter, I hope all is well. Take care of yourself." She said and I smiled.

"You too, Bye." I said and we hung up. I looked at Draco who was giving me a crooked look.

"Who was that angel?" He asked and I smiled. I took his hand in mine.

"It was the defense attorney. She called to tell me that Blaise and Cedric are serving ten year sentences." I said with a slight smile. His eyes flickered happiness.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"Really!" I said and he smiled pulling me into a kiss. It was full of passion and happiness so when we pulled away we were smiling.

"We need to celebrate!" He said. "Let me take you out to dinner." He said and I smiled.

"Alright sure." I said. He smiled and pulled me on to his lap where I snuggled into his chest.

"Let's look at jobs." He said and pulled his laptop on top of us. He searched places hiring near us. We looked through a few before one caught my eye.

"Draco, click on this one." I pointed to it.

"Abuse Rehab Center." He said out loud. "You want to work at a rehab?" He asked.

"Let me read the description." I said so he clicked on the link. It was a rehab for teens that dealt with abuse of any kind. Sexual, physical, and emotional. It also dealt with kids that turned to drugs or drinking that was a link to the abuse. As I read the job description I learned that I would be mentoring the teens that have gone through the tough times. Sort of like a counselor but without the credentials. "I want to put in an application." I said.