15. King Aghasthya

Start from the beginning

"Yes," he said grudgingly, "I guess I am. Now if you allow me, I have to go. And thanks a lot for your help."

He walked past her and then what she said made him halt on his tracks again.
"We never thought your father could be such a coward."

He was forced to halt. He turned around and said, "What do you mean? Look, enough of this whole drama. Tell me everything clearly or otherwise allow me. I can find someone else for help."

She looked at him like he was some kind of an insect and said, "You mean you know nothing. You said Dr. Krishant Veer is the one training you. How come he never told you anything?"

"You are asking me?"

"Didn't he tell you about my grandfather, or atleast about his friend King Harsh Thribhuvan?

"No."

"Do you have any idea what had happened to them?

"No,"

"Do you know how ruthless King Harsh's brother, Shashi Thribhuvan is and what he is doing to us?"

"STOP IT!" he shouted infuriated.

Lithika was shooting daggers at him but Pruthvi had enough of all those. He was not in a position to discover about her grandfather or the kings or anything else. He just wanted to leave this place. He just wanted to see Leena and his friends again. He just wanted to go back to the life he was getting accustomed to after his parents' death.

He said trying to control his anger, "I don't want to know anything about your boo-hoo. I don't care about you and your kings. So please, forgive me and let me go."

"Will you care if I tell you that your father was meant to be a Samagraha?"

"What!" he said calmly.

"Yes," she said, "That is what I am trying to tell you. Your father was predicted to be a Samagraha. He was in a grave danger. He was then sent to some place safe by...by..."

"By whom?"

"All hail the princess," said a voice from behind. Pruthvi turned around to see a middle aged boy, wearing the outfit Pruthvi had seen worn by Indian grooms, walking down towards them.

"Dhanunjay," said Lithika, "What is it?"

"Princess, your grandfather is waiting is you in your room."

Lithika looked tense than before.

"He is back?" she asked, "What is he like? Did he finish the job he went for?"

"Yes, she had been captured," Dananjay said, "But I don't think he is going to be better just yet."

"I know," she said, "Things are getting weirder than ever."

Pruthvi didn't care to look at her but he knew she was talking about him.

"Listen to me Pruthvi," she said, "my grandfather will ask you the same questions again. Please be patient. But he can provide all the help you are looking for."

He sighed. He was glad she finally talked about what he needed. Watching her pleading face, he nodded slightly and followed Lithika to the way back to the court. Dananjay was walking beside him. Pruthvi was feeling a little uncomfortable of him walking so close. Twice, Dananjay quickly looked away when Pruthvi caught his eye.

"Do we have a problem?" Pruthvi asked feeling disgusted.

"You were talking to the Princess in the backyard...alone."