He nodded, seemingly pleased at her telling the truth.

"Could we please just go home? I don't feel like going to a hospital tonight." Pippin sighed, gaze towards Barry who crumbled in about three seconds.

"Fine but we're going first thing tomorrow." He grumbled, Pippin grinning in victory while her fingers moved to his hand, squeezing his palm into her own. He seemed surprised for a second before his warm fingers wrapped around her cold ones.

"Where are we going first thing tomorrow?"
Pippin turned towards the back, Reese coughing a little as he sat up, his black hair ruffled.

Confusion swam in his brown eyes before he realized he was in a car and who he was with then relaxed.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Pippin teased, Barry chuckling beside her. Reese pursed his lips, sending her an annoyed look.
"What, no snarky comment? You're getting off your game, Reese."

He rolled his eyes, cracking his back as he settled in his seat.
"Or maybe I don't want to waste my energy on you." He retorted, Pippin placing her hand that wasn't captured securely in Barry's over her heart.

"I'm hurt." She gasped, dramatically, going limp in her seat.

"You're also a terrible actress." Reese shot back, smirking as she shot him a nasty look.

"And there's the Reese we all know and manage to tolerate." She retorted with a snort, settling back in her passenger seat.

"You've known me for five hours and I don't even know your name." He responded, Barry chuckling while Pippin shot him a pointed look.

"He has a point." Barry shrugged, trying not to laugh as Pippin breath in through her mouth.

"It's Pippin and you didn't even bother to ask."
She huffed, Reese laughing.

"Pippin? Was your mom a hippie?"

Barry shook his head, tsk-ing at Reese while Pippin's eye twitched.

"Did your mom like the mixture of peanut butter and chocolate or did your eyes and salty attitude inspire her?"

Reese fell back in his seat, grumbling under his breath while Pippin smirked in smug satisfaction.

"I've had twenty-three years of practice. You'll get there someday." She chastised, Reese's frown deepening.

"Isn't this considered kidnapping, Pippin?" He emphasized her name, changing the subject.

"Depends how you look at it." Was her answer as she stared out the window, lights flashing across her gray eyes every now and then.

"You're driving away from my house." He sat up, nudging in between the two front seats.

"You could've said that earlier." Barry protested, Reese noticing him for the first time.

"And the mute speaks." Reese smirked, Pippin reaching back and flicking his forehead.

"It's his car, you butthead."

A mumbled 'sorry' was offered to Barry who shrugged it off.

"Just tell me where I'm going, Peanut Butter Cup."

Reese groaned in defeat, Barry smiling at Pippin who laughed.

"Eat it and weep."

He shot Pippin a glare while gruffly shooting directions at Barry. They traveled into a suburban neighborhood that wasn't as nice as Barry's but still nice enough.

"This is your house?" Pippin piped up, staring out at the clean, white brick house in front of them. It was the picture of middle-class success, along with the Porsche parked securely in the driveway.

Crimsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें