Chapter 14 - Grocery Shopping

Dedication to... *drum roll* JQueens! Right from the get-go when I started writing you were so supportive. You're a fantastic writer yourself in your own right and take the time to encourage others. Thank you so much! (you may also have impeccable taste in other areas;) )

This was previously published then taken down as there was lots of questions asked. I've checked it all and I'm still happy with it, but I understand the formatting didn't come through last time and it got very confusing - So Sorry!

Anyway, here's the missing Chapter 14, for those who have already read it and are still confused, all will be explained at a later date. For those who haven't read it, enjoy :D

Chapter 15 is nearly complete...

I sat in the passenger's seat, watching the lights from oncoming traffic come toward us. Kota was driving me home.

"Kota?" I queried.

"Mmm Sang," he returned, turning his head to look at me.

"If it's not too much bother, could you just drop me off at the supermarket on the way home? It won't be so far to drive and I need to grab a few things." I tucked my loose hair behind my ear realizing that I had never retrieved those pins from Gabriel that he had stolen. Again.

"No problem," Kota indicated and changed lanes to turn towards the supermarket.

He miraculously found a park right outside the supermarket, what I thought was a near impossible feat at this hour of day as everyone stopped by on the way home from work. Quickly reversing in he parked the car, pulling on the handbrake and flicking the lights off with practised ease.

I paused unsure, my hand on the door as he jumped out his door, rounding the car.

Realizing he was coming to open my door I yanked it open and slid out, shutting the door just as he arrived.

"Thank you for dropping me off," I smiled up at him, uncertain of what he was doing, "I'll be right to make my own way home from here."

He tucked my hand into his and headed for the entrance. I trailed behind him, getting the impression that he was coming grocery shopping too. He commandeered a shopping trolley just inside the entrance and looked at me enquiringly.

"Do you have groceries to grab too?" I asked hesitantly, unsure of exactly he was doing. Surely he wasn't going grocery shopping with me?

He steered the cart deftly through into the supermarket, "I have one to two things to grab, so I'll get them while I'm here. You direct me, I'll drive."

I raised a brow at that and glared at the cart. How he managed to get a carpark directly outside the supermarket, followed by getting possibly the only shopping trolley in the state without a wonky front wheel sending it sideways was beyond me.

I reached out and stopped him with a hand on his arm, "You don't have to do this Kota, I appreciate that you want to help, but I don't want to be a bother. I can make my own way home from here."

His emerald eyes looked down at me, a hint of a smile in them, "Sang, I'm going to do it, just tell me where to go. Then I'm seeing you home." His voice didn't allow any room for discussion.

I gave in with a sigh and pointed towards the fruit and vegetables. If he was going to push the cart and drive me home, I was stocking up.

I selected some fresh produce, deciding to treat myself with a fresh stir-fry tonight. After eating takeout or noodles for the last couple of weeks it was time I put the money I was being paid to some other purpose than my emergency stash.