Voight

I still can't believe she didn't recognize me when she saw me. She must've mentally wiped me from her memory.

But that's no problem for me. If she doesn't recognize me then at least she won't think that she got in this unit just because she's my God daughter. The God daughter I never took care of.

"Voight." Lindsey calls into my office. "Alexander and Antonio found the window was pried open from the inside. This was an inside job."

"Let's get down there." I tell her and we grab our jackets to go to the scene.

Lindsey and I get to the vehicle. Jay, Olinsky and Ruzek follow us in another vehicle.

While driving, I hear Lindsey sigh.

"Okay. What's going on?" I ask. "What do you want to know?" Erin always sighs whenever she's going to ask something.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew Arbor?" She spits out quickly.

"What?" I ask. How does she know?

"You told me that she was coming here. I researched her, and the first picture I saw of her was you holding her as a kid." Lindsey tells me as she avoids my eyes that shoot at her.

"That was a long time ago. She doesn't even remember me, so let's keep it that way." I warn her.

"She doesn't remember you?" Erin sounds quite surprised.

"No. She said she felt like she's seen me before, but that's it." I shrug. "Let's keep it that way, and don't you dare tell anyone."

"I won't." Lindsey promises.

I nod at her and put the car in park. We're now outside the place where that kid got abducted.

"Let's just figure out where this kid is." I tell Erin.

"Okay." She agrees then we get out and all enter the house.

I go in to see Antonio and Arbor sitting with Ms. Barry.

"So what's up?" I ask Arbor and Dawson.

Arbor stands up. "Ellen claims that she came home last night from a night out with some girlfriends. When she came home the baby sitter said that Lily was sleeping, so Ellen didn't go in to check on her. She didn't want to wake Lily." Alexander explains.

"Did her girls say she was out with them?" Erin asks her.

"They all check out." Antonio tells us. "There's only one problem." He sighs.

"And what's that?" I ask suspiciously.

Antonio puts his hands on his hips. "We can't find the babysitter."

"What do you mean you can't find her?"

Arbor speaks up. "Her mom hasn't seen her since last night. She got a call from her saying that she was staying here for the night."

"Well, shit." I turn around to lock eyes with the kid's mom.

Ellen. Her name is Ellen. Ellen is probably in her mid thirties. She's a single mom and her kids was just taken from her. I can see it in her eyes that she didn't do this. Her almond shaped eyes are puffy and red rimmed.

"She didn't do it." I confirm to my detectives. Who all stand and stare at me. "Look at her." I point at her. They all look. "Those aren't the eyes of someone who's guilty. Now she's still going to be a suspect, but we need to find that babysitter. She had to have something to do with it."

They nod and we are all on our way to the baby sitters house.

******************************************

"Chicago PD!" I scream into the empty hall as I slowly make my way into the house. "Clear!" I call to the members of my unit as we search.

"Clear!" I hear Antonio call.

"Clear!" Erin yells.

"Shit." I say as we all come together in the living room. "They're gone."

We were at the baby sitter's house when her mom told us about a place that her daughter hung out at. This house. We're in South side Chicago now, at this old dump. I can't believe this girl's mom let her hang out here with her friends.

"Let's get back to the District and figure something out." I order.

We all nod and turn to walk out.

That's when I hear the gun shot.

I turn around and feel my heart drop as I see Arbor lying on the ground.

I look up to see a kid, he's no older than 13, with a pistol. I don't even think twice, I raise my gun and put a bullet in the kid's chest.

He falls into a bloody heap on the floor.

"Officer down at 256 Broad Ave!" I yell into the radio.

I look at Arbor, her eyes are buldging out of her head.

I tear my eyes away from her and walk over to the kid. He's dead. I know he's dead. This kid is responsible for one of my own being down right now.

"Main," I say into my radio. "We're going to need a second ambulance to 256 Broad."