Stuck

"Of course she'd be sad about it, he was her first love" it felt like a pin prick was finally removed from my chest when i heard my father say that. Signifying that he knew what i've been through. That was 2 years ago. "Move on" i was told. Being me of course, i brushed the topic off and pretended it was nothing.

I didn't feel anything when i saw you. No remorse,no racing heart beats, nothing. You were ordinary in that moment. I've lost the naïve romanticisations. You're name popped up on my phone, not expected but it was bound to happen anyway. You asked if i was still mad, and of course i acted like i was clueless to what you were saying. You also asked how i'm doing. Better than ever. I'm doing better than ever in life. I wanted to endlessly marvel about how wise i've become, how you leaving me made me a better individual. How the scars you left me with gave me my battle marks. But emotionally? I'm still faltering.

I wanted my parents to show you how much they despised you in that moment. To at least show a sign of offence of not offering their hands onto you for that sign of respect. The thing you clearly refused me of. I was shocked though, at what i blurted out when my dad spoke of you.

"I hate him"...