How We Disagreed...

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"I said no. I won't let you mess this up. This spells trouble for the big game on Friday and I won't let it happen," I groaned annoyed by his suggestion.

"So what, we're just going to remain a secret until we go off for college?" Dylan scowled.

"It sounds better that way to me!" I snapped.

"Why don't you want to tell people we're together?" he growled.

"Because my brother will hate me!" I yelled.

"I am prepared to take my chances!"

"Because you are not the one deceiving anybody here! I am the one caught in the middle! I am the one who is trying to find a way to hold on to two people that I really care about! I'm the one with the hard decision to make!" I screamed at him, "So you can be prepared to take your chances but until I can solve this thing between you and Jace, I can't take any chances."

"I'm not going to sit here and be your secret boyfriend forever, you know. There are so many girls at school who would date me openly," he warned and my heart sunk.

"Well I guess we all have to do what we have to do, right?" I said defeated and quickly pulled off his shirt and pulled on my clothes. I grabbed my bag and held my gift and his t-shirt in my hand. I lifted them as I turned to face him again, "Oh, and I'm keeping these. Bye."

***

It was Thursday afternoon and cheer practice was over. I hadn't spoken to Dylan since our disagreement at his house over two days ago. The big game was tomorrow and coach had the guys staying extra late today so that they could be well prepared for the game. I grabbed my bag and left the girls' locker room. I was about to turn to go down the hall when a hand clutched mine. I gasped and turned around frightened.

"What are you- Dylan?!"

"Hey babe," he said giving me his award winning smile, "Can you get the twins from the daycare and drop them off at the house please?"

"Why can't you?"

"Because coach won't let us leave. He's insisting on two more hours of practice," he groaned sounding tired. It was then that I took in his sweaty state.

"I thought you didn't need practice."

"I don't," he winked.

"So can't one of your open girlfriends do it?" I scowled.

"You know that I don't trust any other girl with the twins and also that you're my only girl," he told me stepping closer.

"So I don't get a sorry?" I frowned.

"We'll talk about that later," he replied looking away.

"Okay, I'll go get them now," I assured him and pulled my hand out of his grasp, walking away.

"Don't I get a kiss?" he called out to me.

"We'll see about that later."

I quickly escaped through the school doors and found my car in its usual spot. I climbed in, settling my stuff before driving off in the direction of the daycare Dylan once told me his siblings stayed at after school every day. I played with the radio trying to find a bearable station before deciding it would be better off.

I arrived at the school's daycare sometime after and turned off the car before getting out. I walked to the door, entering and heading towards the lady at the front desk who seemed to be eating what I would assume to be her dinner.

"Hello," I greeted politely with a smile. She looked up at me.

"How may I help you?" she asked after she stopped chewing. She set her food aside and leaned forward.

"I am here to collect Dana Martin and Daniel Martin," I informed her and she smiled.

"Oh yes, that fine boy called to tell me that he wasn't coming today. He left a name. Can I have it?" she said and picked up the phone and made a call asking for them to send out the twins.

"Skylar Amiel," I replied when she got off the phone.

"So are you the girlfriend?" she grinned mischievously.

"You could say so," I blushed.

"You are one lucky girl," she winked at me and I laughed.

"Skylar!" I heard two voices shout my name and I turned around. I saw Dana and Daniel running towards me and I bent to their level to receive their hug.

"Hey guys! I missed you," I ruffled their hair and they both giggled.

"Can't get enough of me, can you?" Daniel grinned.

"You know it," I laughed and pinched his cheeks.

"Where's Dylan?" Dana frowned as I took their hands and carried them to my car.

"He's at practice and he'll be there for a while," I responded as I strapped them up in the back seats. I got in the car and started it, "Are you ready?"

They both nodded and I turned around, driving out of my parking space and heading in the direction of their house. I hummed a song, nodding my head to the beat as I approached a stoplight. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel waiting for the light to change. I turned around and glanced at the twins.

"Have you done your homework?" I asked them curiously.

"Yes," both of them answered.

"It wasn't much and Mrs. White helped us," Daniel continued. The light changed and I drove off again.

"Great."

"Are you staying over?" Dana looked at me hopeful.

"I can't. I'm sorry. I have to go home," I replied and she pouted.

"Can we go over to your house? We can meet your mom and dad today," Dana suggested sounding excited.

"Not today guys," I told them.

"You don't want us to meet them," Dana accused.

"No! That's not it! It's just that-"

"Have Dylan met them?" Daniel asked.

"Some time ago but not through me," I answered.

"Danny, leave her alone. She obviously doesn't want to do it. It's okay. I want to go home now," she said sounding sad and played with the doll in her hand. I sighed, feeling like I was letting the world down.