Chapter Twelve: The Happiest Day

Start from the beginning

"Just go! Find it!" He said. The moment the animatronic jumped at him, the vent collapsed and they fell through and back down the basement.

__________

Jodi was able to get out of the vent and ended up in a hallway leading to the main dining area when she heard Nick call out her name. "Nick! Where are you?" She replied.

"Just go! Find it!" He yelled.

With much hesitation, Jodi ran back to the hallway only to come across a limp and unmoving body of Detective Scott which was lying face down near the main doors of the pizzeria.

"Oh my God!" She knelt beside the man who was bloodied and bruised, feeling for his pulse. She was able to feel the throbbing but it was faint, "Scott!" She helped him sit up then gently lay his back near a collapsed table. She saw the damages Springtrap had caused: there was a large gash on his forehead along with small ones on his face and arms, his shirt was stained with his own blood and his arm was broken.

Jodi tore a piece of her skirt and wrapped it around the unconscious man's badly-injured arm creating a makeshift arm sling.

Then the detective's eyes began to flutter open, "Ms. Bronson?" He mumbled, trying to rise up from his spot.

She held him back, "Stay here, and I'm going to look for the marionette." She said before leaving him to search for the puppet, but she did not know where to even start.

She frantically searched the walls of the dining area determined to find it knowing that Nick was in trouble hearing the vents beneath them collapse followed by a heavy thud on the lockers down in the basement.

Jodi then moved to the hallway adjacent to the kitchen and the office: the east wing. She used her flashlight to hit on the walls but it was all concrete. She was losing hope while she ran along the halls, stumped.

She then went back the restrooms to search it thoroughly, shining her flashlight on the vandalized walls that crumbled. She checked every nook and cranny of the place and still there were no hidden panels.

Disappointed, she exited the restroom and looked right where she saw large picture of Freddy Fazbear hanging on the wall by a thread. She hurriedly ran towards it and suddenly felt something hollow under her feet the moment she was halfway there: like a small metal panel. She stomped on the floor and heard a loud gong upon hitting the metal.

With no time to spare, she tore off the black and white tiles of the floor and found what she was looking for: a hidden compartment. She then pressed her ear against it and heard that something was pounding the door from the inside. Her heart skipped as she removed more of the tiles before discovering that it was locked and shackled.

Jodi ran back to the restroom and brought with her a rebar and began prying the padlock open, but it wouldn't even crack or break. She grunted while she used all her might to unlock it as the pounding noises grew louder.

"Jodi, stand back!" Someone bellowed, she turned around and Robert Scott was awake but was leaning on the wall with his shotgun aimed at the padlock.

With one pull on the trigger, the lock was shattered.

Scott slid back down on the floor with Jodi assisting him, still weakened by his injuries "Are you alright?" She asked.

"Don't worry about me, just go and help Nick. I'll go back to the cruiser and call for help." He said under closed eyes, taking large gasps of air. "Get that son of a bitch for me, will you?" He coughed.

Jodi nodded and ran to the hidden door and lifted the heavy steel door then dropped it on the ground. She looked down the dark compartment as two white dots glowed. She shone a light on it and realized that the white dots were eyes for a pale white mask that had a wide toothless smile and pink rosy cheeks.