After the coroner collected the burglar's body and the cops and EMTs had left the scene, Elise and Ivy stood on their front lawn, holding hands for comfort. They were standing in front of Sam and Arlene, all of them silent, still taking in what had happened.

When she gathered herself Elise glared at the remaining neighbors standing around until they went back to their own homes. She watched until they were long gone and most lights in the windows were off.

"Thank you," Ivy was saying to Sam. "Thank you. I know I've said it so many times already but... thank you."

Sam smiled, but his eyes still appeared haunted. He looked at Elise, but spoke to Ivy. "I told that one I'd help keep you safe, too."

Ivy squeezed Elise's hand. "You recruited a neighbor?"

Elise shrugged, smiling shyly. "No, no, not on that front." She knew as soon as she said it that Ivy got the hint. Sam didn't know about Judah or anything else. "He noticed you've been jumpy the last few days and, well, he's a nice man."

Arlene beamed at that. "That's my Mule. I was so scared for the two of you when I heard the screams. They were so quiet, almost like they were from a tv show that I wasn't even sure there was anything wrong." The work of the spells, Elise thought to herself. "I'm so glad you two have each other," Arlene went on, glancing down at Ivy and Elise's clasped hands. "I was so worried that I sent out Mule to check on you and thank goodness I did."

"Yes," Elise agreed. "It was good. Thank you, too. If you hadn't sent him to help, well," she gulped and didn't notice that she moved to stand closer to Ivy. "I don't want to think about that."

At that, Ivy and Elise simply looked at each other for a long time. Ivy's cheeks flushed, but Elise was feeling protective, gently angry.

Arlene cleared her throat and pat Sam's forearm. "Well," she said. "It's so late. We should probably let you two get back home to heal. Come on, Mule."

Sam nodded and bid both Ivy and Elise a good night. Elise thanked Sam and Arlene once more and watched them to make sure they made it into their home safely. When she heard their front door lock, she tugged on Ivy's hand and led them both into the safety of their own home.

"I'll change the locks," Elise whispered, ashamed. "I'll buy something better." She was mentally beating herself for not thinking that Rayna would tell her goons to use a very human way to enter her home. It was smart and wouldn't inherently activate any of the spells attuned to magic attacks.

"You couldn't have known," Ivy replied. She could see that Elise was upset and it ate her up. "Rayna's obviously willing to do anything. You did great given the situation."

"I did terrible. I failed to disable one man and let the other get away." Elise replayed the voice of the officer that told her that the second burglar was nowhere to be found. "My fears came true and you suffered. I'm sorry."

Ivy turned on Elise and stared, hard. "No, you didn't. Don't say that. You helped me. Do you hear what I'm saying? You helped me."

Elise swallowed, glancing away, then nodded. "I did my best."

"Yes you did. And you know what? This time I'm not having doubts about facing Rayna. This time I'm just as determined as you to give her what's coming to her."

A proud smile split Elise's face. The war was on, and everyone was ready. "Do you want to check on Judah or should I?"

"Let's both go."