4

"First of all, we didn't imprison you," he said with a slight lisp. "We saved you. My name is Dr. Darin, and this is Dr. Venn. For each of you, your mothers wanted you to be aborted. But we insisted on them giving birth, and we took you instead of getting killed like how they originally planned."

"You were all lab rats from when all of you turned five. Now, don't take this seriously. I think the name 'lab rat' is a compliment. What we did to you is we removed all of your childhood memories and most main elements in your bodies and replaced the majority of their percentage with a primary element, and this experiment gave each of you individual and extraordinary abilities."

"You, feisty one," he faced the fallen girl, who began to steam as the other girl crept closer to her. "Your experimental name is 6, but we prefer to call you Coa. 90% of your body is made out of carbon."

"You," he said to the girl next to Coa, reaching out to her to enhance her flame. "are 8, or Xy. You are mostly made out of oxygen."

"Your name is 7, Nitre. The element nitrogen runs through your veins," he told the gas girl, the coolness still flowing from her palms.

"20. Kalx. Calcium," he said to a boy on my left.

"15. Lite. Phosphorus," he said to a boy on my right.

"And you, young man," he faced me. "are 1, Hyr, for hydrogen."

"Because of you, we have created a new breed of superhuman. You are the first six elemental enhancements, or elementals for short."