Chapter 5

"It all happened when I was 15. My dad's co-worker had killed both my parents. I came home from school that day, and found both my parents laying in the living room with their throats slashed. I couldn't believe my eyes. I called the police and they took my parents away. They asked me if I had any family to live with, so I said that I had an aunt. They believed me. Once they cleaned the area where my parents were murdered the Sheriff and a few other officers went to find the criminal. I went upstairs to my room to gather my stuff I saw a note on my bed." By now I was in full blown tears just remembering the events of that day. Clayton was looking at me with eyes that were filled with concern.

"The note read: I killed your parents, and you're next~V, I immediately showed the note to the officers and I guess they made relations between the finger prints and people my parents knew or something, so they ended up with Vincent. He worked for my dad. The police caught him but he escaped a month later. I don't know why he killed them but I know that he wants to kill me now."

"And that is why I have a gun, it's for self-defense. Before my dad died he taught me everything I know about fighting. He said it was so that I can be prepared for everything. You asked why I fight. It's because I need money to pay for rent, gas, and food. That's why I fight". By the end of this I was trying to control my tears but let a few pass, and Clayton was staring at me with concern and anger filling his eyes. I can't believe I just told him. The next thing he did surprised me.

Clayton engulfed me in a hug and muttered in my hair, "I'm so sorry". It took me a while to respond to his hug but when I realized what was happening I wrapped my arms around him, missing the feeling of someone being there to comfort me. "It's not your fault" I replied. His next words startled me a little, "don't worry Blair, I'll protect you. I stiffened in my seat and let go of him. "So let's get back to the tutoring shall we". He noticed that I no longer wanted to dwell on my parents so he hesitantly nodded and said "We shall".

I'm walking through the schools halls when I hear my name being called. I turn around and Clayton is there with his friends waving me over. I sigh and walk over to him.

"So Blaire, I wanted to introduce you to my friends" starts Clayton. He then points to each one while talking "this is Parker and this is Jackson". I wave and introduce myself. They each extend an arm and I shake it. Parker is the one taller one why I saw earlier when Clayton bumped into me. Jackson is a little shorter and has brown hair with chocolate brown eyes.

We chatted for a while and was about to leave when Clayton held onto my wrist. I turned to face him confused. "You wanna come over today to tutor me again, I really need to pass that assignment". I nodded, "sure I'll meet you at the front entrance after school".

Walking into Clayton's house-more like mansion- was like walking into the white house. It was that big. The door itself was so amusing. There was detail lining every inch of the house. All I could manage to do was stare in awe. There are two sets of stairs one on either side of the entrance and I huge crystal chandelier hanging in between.

"This is beautiful" I managed to breath. Clayton just chuckled at this and managed to snap me back to reality. "Thanks". He walked in and I towed behind.

"Meredith can you please make us something to drink?" he asked a woman walking by in a uniform who I'm guessing is a chef. "Of course dear".

15 minutes have passed and Clayton and I have actually done quite a bit of work in such a short amount of time. Meredith walks in with two bowls in her hand. She gives one to Clayton and one to me. "Thank you ma'am" I say with a smile. "Oh your welcome and please call me Meredith". I nod, "as you wish" and she soon walks out of the room. Clayton and I start to eat when I remember something.

 "Hey Clayton". "mhm" he says with food in his mouth. I stifle a laugh and continue. "were you the one who stocked up my fridge?" "yeah", "well, thank you but you didn't have to" I say shyly. "no, but I wanted to" he says. I smile then we finish our food.

It's been 2 hours and I'm heading home now. I can't help but think about how Clayton was so mean to me in the beginning and now he is very nice. Don't worry Blair, I'll protect you. Those words have been replaying in my head since yesterday.

Is it true though?

Will he really be able to protect me from Vincent?