How They Made Up...

Start from the beginning

"So you don't care if we end up at separate colleges?" I teased expecting him to start matching colleges and tell me which ones to go to but he only sighed.

"You're getting older and whether or not I like you're going to start dating and get a boyfriend and I have to accept that. As long as you don't end up pregnant and as long as the dude's not Martin!" he warned and looked suspiciously at me. I tensed and sunk in my seat feeling my eyes grow wide as I tried to cover my guilt, "But hey! Senior year is almost over. Enjoy it while you can!"

He smiled and I giggled awkwardly. I bit my lips hoping he hadn't picked up on anything as I stared all over the canteen trying to focus on anywhere but my brother's face. I spotted Alicia, the head cheerleader, walking over to our table with a bright smile on her face.

"Amiels," she greeted smiling at me and Jace sat up straight watching her intently but she only glanced over him once.

"Hey," I smiled happy for a distraction.

"How's your hand Skye?" she asked taking notice that I had unwrapped it.

"Much better. The pain comes and goes but rarely comes. I should be good for the next game," I replied.

"Great because lots of scouts are going to be there for the guys and our cheer team has to be ready to keep the guys going," she informed me sounding excited, "So be ready to take the field. Oh and let's not forget the game this Friday is the last in the official season which means no more recruiters after this. It's a huge thing."

"So practice after school," I concluded and she nodded before prancing off.

The season had slipped through my fingers, not that I was focusing on it anyways. Dylan was a big distraction. I hadn't had time to think about anything else but him lately and so the school year flew by. Football season was almost over. Exams would start soon. Graduation would soon follow and then I'd leave for college.

"Earth to Skye," Jace snapped his fingers in front of my eyes before chuckling, "Ha! That's punny. Earth to Skye."

"You're so stupid," I grinned not being able to help it, "Are you nervous?"

"I think everyone but Dylan is nervous about being recruited. He's gotten so much attention already. A lot of persons want him. No one sees the rest of us though," Jace told me not really sounding upset or jealous, "He needs it more than us anyways."

"What did you just say?" I asked shocked.

"Nothing, I said he's a cocky little shit."

"No, that's not what I heard. You just said something nice about him. It's not impossible. You're softening up. I think you miss him!" I chanted.

"Shut up! I don't. Martin broke the rules," Jace growled sounding more annoyed than pissed.

"I just don't seem to believe you Jace," I sung and got up walking out of the cafeteria.

I grabbed my stuff from my locker picking up the note my admirer had written and read it before closing my locker. 'I fall in love with you more and more everyday which is why I can't wait for tomorrow so that I can fall in love with you more.' I felt tears prick my eyes and there was no doubt that I was blushing but I couldn't help it. The words were beautiful yet they left me even more confused because I needed to know who this guy was.

"Your admirer got you caught up I see," the voice was dangerously low.

"What do you want Dylan?" I snapped suddenly hating how self-conscious I felt.

"I want my girlfriend to tell me why she left me right after we spent the night together," he growled lowly. He was upset? I met his eyes and saw the hurt buried within them. The great Dylan Martin was upset a girl left him alone in bed? Was that why he didn't call?

"Dylan..."

"Did my parents scare you off? You finally think I'm a creep?" his eyes were darker than usual.

"Dylan no one scared me off and I don't think you're a creep!" I exclaimed and he pulled me into an empty classroom, "I can't believe you would think that!"

"Then why did you leave?" he sounded vulnerable.

"Because my brother called and I had to go. He was picking me up so I had to rush to Ari's before he got there," I explained and he visibly relaxed.

"Why didn't you wake me?" he frowned.

"You had a rough day. You needed the sleep," I told him, "Didn't you get my note?"

"What note?" he stepped closer to me.

"I left a note."

"I didn't get it. Maybe Daniel or Dana took it," he shrugged and pulled me closer to him.

"I thought I bored you. I thought you had better and didn't want me," I confessed as he brushed me hair back.

"When the world catches fire and everything is burnt and destroyed and there's nothing left to want, I will still want you," my cheeks burnt red at his words.

"And when you're burning?"

"All I'll be able to think about is you," he said and kissed me then.