Old Enemies

Song of the part? Flash back by Calvin Harris

The title of the song has something to do with the story, and I really like it :)

Chapter Three

Somehow, I ended up in a jail. It wasn’t my fault that the... Oh wait, I probably was now that I think about it. I sighed and stared at the ceiling which was a creamy white colour and had little water marks in the corners. This was going to be a long night. Unless, I could bail myself out, there was no way I could get out without doing more illegal things.

Just as I was about to finish counting how many marks there were on the wall, someone called out my name and startled me. I guess I had grown accustomed to the silence. Outside my cell, there was a police officer waiting for me looking bored as hell. I could hear footsteps following behind. I honestly couldn’t guess anyone who would come for me, or even know that I was here.

To my surprise, Todd was the person, looking as up tight as ever. I almost thought that he was going to burst out laughing when he saw me, lying down on the bed with my messed up hair and grimy skin and clothes. But instead, he just briefly glanced at me and nodded towards the officer. Quickly, he turned the key in the lock and allowed me to get out of the room. This was odd. Why would Todd even come to get me, and more importantly, know that I was even in jail?!

“What? No thank you?” Todd asked while we were walking down the halls of the jail. “I did drive all the way out here, just for you, and then bail you out.”

“Fine, thank you. But why did you even come? And how did you know I was in jail? You’re not some stalker are you?” I joked although it seemed a likely answer.

He took a long sideways glance at me, and sighed deeply. “I have connections and when I heard that you were in jail, I thought that you might want out. But actually, the biggest question is why you even got in jail,” he answered stiffly.

Now he was part of the mafia?  Your response was a bit vague buddy, I thought to myself. What was his problem? One moment, he was being nice or at least civil and just walking in silence, and then he’s not telling me anything and being a complete Meany and wanting answers.

“Pfft, connections,” I mumbled to myself.

Todd had seemed to have heard and gave me a sly glimpse. Ahead of us, the officer was motioning for us to go quicker. I could finally get out of the foul smelling jail. As soon as I was out, I decided to take a gigantic breath, and smell some fresh air. It was refreshing as ever. The ride home was long and boring. I kept on getting fidgety as this wasn’t my car, and Todd was a “responsible” driver and kept under the road limits all the time. How old was he?

“Stop tapping you foot!” He finally snapped. “I can just drop you back there you know.”

“Uh-huh. But don’t you want to know how I got in there anyway? It’s kind of a funny story and you look like as bored as a cow without grass,” I laughed.

He just rolled his eyes but I took this as a yes and began telling my adventurous story.

*Flash Back*

I drove like a mad man, and I guessed I was and probably seemed like on too as I was breaking all the speed limits. I watched as the scenery passed by. I always loved it when that happened. It was funny trying to guess what I was passing because everything I saw was just a blur.

The next time I decided to actually take in my bearings, I realised that I had been driving for five hours. As I was turning a corner, I saw a school and headed straight towards it. I knew that the place was going to be deserted, as school was finished, but it seemed like a good place to be at.