I turned to see Rob standing there still holding on to my arm.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hey.” I responded as the room started to empty.

“I was thinking maybe we can go on the real date tonight...uhm, if you’re not busy.” He asked as we made our way to the door.

I turned my head to see Spencer sitting at hiss desk looking through his papers. For some reason I felt that he was trying hard to listen to my conversation with Rob.

“Id like that.” I said as we reached the door and walked out.

“I’ll pick you up around 7?” He asked as he walked me to my next class.

“Sounds good.” I said as I entered my next class.

***

“Rob told me the news.” Jake said as I entered the car.

“I really do hate how news travels in this school…” I said.

“Does Ms. Price not want everyone knowing about her business.” Jake said as he drove out of the parking lot.

“No she doesn’t.” I said.

“Does this have anything to do with the asshole whose name shall not be mentioned.” He said.

“No…I don’t know…maybe…ugh…” I said.

“Listen its understandable if you ant to see King suffer but you have to make sure you have some emotional feelings towards Rob, hes a good kid.” He said.

“I know that and I do…” I said as he pulled up to my house.

“Well good, not go have fun at your awkward tutoring session. You’ll never know this is how a great porno always starts.” Jake said and I hit him playfully before I left the car.

I looked around once I got out of the car and noticed that Spencer’s car was parked across the street.

I took a deep breath before I entered the house and mentally reassured myself that I would be able to do this.

After I entered and put my bag down I went into the kitchen to get something to drink attempting to delay this tutoring session.

Spencer was waiting in the dining room with the books sprawled out on the table.

“Is anyone home?” I asked as I took the seat beside him.

“No, just us…” He responded, to which I nodded.

“Listen before we start I just need to…” He began to say with full sincerity and seriousness. I just shook my head not wanting to hear this.

“No you listen, I’m not doing this here, not now, not ever. I don’t want to hear it anymore….I’m over it. The only thing that should be discussed in the next hour is trig equations…nothing more.” I said as my eyes were focused on the table.

“Your right….lets get started.” He said  

After an hour filled of awkward trig teaching we were finally finished.

Just as I was about to grab my book Spencer grabbed it at the same time and our hands touched for a few moments.

I could feel the electricity zap through my hand I quickly pulled it away.

“Alright well I better go…”  I said as I gathered my things together.

“Lainey.” He called and I stopped and looked at him for a moment.