Vulnerable

-Mai POV-

I had just finished cleaning up the area and went ahead to start getting ready to go home.

What a long day it was, I had to help the dentist hold down and sedate a 5 year old boy who was kicking and screaming. I got kicked in the face so my right cheek is a bit wounded. I need to get home and ice pack it asap.

Other than that, I also had to deal with impatient patients, it's just a dental office. We're very small and have limited seating so I can understand why some patients would get loud and angry with me. But they don't have to be rude.

My back is aching, I could sure use a bubble bath with a glass of whine on the side. I sighed in satisfaction just thinking how soothing that'd be.

"Mai" a co-worker called for me, "Wanna come out for some drinks tonight?" She asked.

I smiled, "Thanks, but I just want to go home and relax. Today was rough."

Let alone this week, I miss him...

"Well..just come. It'll be a good way to get your mind off of things for a while. C'mon, what do you say? Please?"

She does have a point, oh what the heck, I've been under so much stress just replaying what he said to me that night and how cold he turned on me. One drink wouldn't do me any harm.

"Ok. Sure." I assured.

"Yay! We'll be leaving in 5, Mitchi is coming with us too."

My wounded cheek will just have to await treatment, at least it isn't too bad.

"Great, I'll be ready by then." I said and she walked off.

Perhaps I'll meet someone, and have a one night stand. Or just get really drunk and then puke my heart out.

I'll do anything just to forget about him for a while. He's probably not even worrying about me anyways. So what's the point of crying over him?

I finished dressing back into my regular clothing and slipped on my glasses. Then I grab my bag and head out to wait for Rachel and Mitch, my co-workers.

In minutes they stepped out and we were on our way to happy hour.

Although my gut is telling me that something wrong is going to happen.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Rachel: Bottoms up!

"Wooh!" I cheered and toasted with my girls then took another shot.

I gulped, "Ahhh. God I love this."

Mitch: Haha yess!

Rachel: Hey let's go dance girls!

"Yes!" I agreed and held her hand to go to the dance floor.

I was in between them as we grinded and swayed with the music. The feeling was exhilarating and my heart rate increased drastically. For once I was actually enjoying myself and let loose.

Until suddenly someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to them, holding me against their body and dancing with me. I looked up almost instantly to find a tall handsome muscular korean fellow smiling at me.

"Hello." He said in English.

For once, a Korean citizen speaks to me in English. I always had to talk in Korean I almost forgot how to talk in English.

"Hi," I responded in my first language.

"Having a girls night out?" He asked.

I looked back at my girls who were encouraging me to continue talking with the handsome young man.