Protection.

I stood at the entrance of my apartment, frozen.

"I'll call the police", Wonwoo said.

Everything was in a mess. My home, ransacked. How could someone have broken in? How much did I lose? Where was I going to stay tonigh-

"Come stay with me for now.", a familiar voice said from behind.
"It's unsafe. I'd rather not have you stay alone anywhere else."

I watched as Wonwoo picked up my bag that I dropped earlier and swung it around his shoulder.

"The police will be here in awhile. You shouldn't remove anything from your apartment for today. You can wear some of my clothes for the night."

Wonwoo reached for my hand gently, interlocking his fingers with mine.

"It's going to be alright.", he reassured me.

"Come on let's get you warm."

----------------------------------------------

I took a shower, slipped myself into one of Wonwoo's oversized sweaters and proceeded to the kitchen to check on what Wonwoo was up to.

"I thought you said you couldn't cook?", I asked him, curious about what he had said long ago about him not being able to cook.

"I learne-", Wonwoo paused when he turned around. It was obvious how he scanned me from top to bottom with his eyes.

"I-I learned a few dishes.", he repeated after turning back almost immediately, stirring the contents in the pot.

After dinner, I sat on Wonwoo's bed as my worries got the better of me. A tear streamed down my cheek as I hugged my legs tightly, head resting on my knees.

I felt something press against my head before feeling the mattress sink a little due to the extra weight on it.
I was pulled into an embrace and the scent seemed all too familiar. Wonwoo.

"Hey don't cry. Everything's going to be alright. I promise. It'll only take three days. That's what they told us didn't they?"

I nodded, sniffling.
Wonwoo lifted my face, his eyes looking directly at mine.

"So, shall we go out on a date tomorrow to help get your mind off things? You're free on Saturdays aren't you?", he asked, wiping the tears from my eyes.

I nodded again.

"That's my girl.", he said smiling as he leaned in and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"You take the bed. I'll be on the couch next to you if you need me okay?", Wonwoo said as he climbed off the bed.

"Goodnight, Princess."