Distance.

The next morning, Wonwoo wasn't waiting for me outside my apartment either.

I forgot how lonely my walks to school used to be. I took small steps, thinking about what I had possibly done wrong. Why was he ignoring me? Why did he look hurt? Somehow my heart had been aching ever since.

Wonwoo only arrived in school when the bell for our first lesson when off.
His shirt was untucked and his tie hung loosely around his neck. He rested his arm on the door frame, panting. He was drenched in sweat. What happened?

After a few seconds Wonwoo returned to his seat without glancing over. Guess he isn't going to talk to me today either.

and I was right.

Wonwoo spent the rest of the day without me. Laughing and joking around with the other boys in class.

"He seemed pretty happy.", I thought, while making my way home. It was only moments later had I realised that it was raining. I continued walking, I didn't have a choice really - I had forgotten my umbrella and I was already soaked anyways.

I opened the door to my apartment, settled my things down and took a shower.

I cuddled up on the chair of my study table with a hot cup of coffee and completed my homework - mainly to distract myself from the pain. Unfortunately, it wasn't very effective as I was sure I felt something damp leaving my eyes, rolling down my cheek before I fell asleep that night.

××××××××××××××××××××

I woke up the next morning sweaty and incredibly weak. A fever.
I should've known better. I wasn't blessed with a strong immune system.

With that, I spent two whole days in bed with tasteless meals- all thanks to my taste buds which were definitely working great.

By the third morning I felt a lot better, but I decided to stay in as I was still a little weak. I stepped out of the shower, got dressed and made my way to the kitchen.

Just as I put the pan on the stove, the door bell rang. Multiple times to be exact. Who could it be? My parents didn't say anything about visiting.
But whoever it was, that person sure was anxious.

My thoughts were cut off immediately when I opened the door.

Hands on his knees, gasping for air. His hair sticking to his forehead due to perspiration. He looked up at me and let out a sigh of relief.

Jeon Wonwoo.