Attention.

That day in school seemed different.

Throughout the day, someone had her eyes glued on me and she definitely didn't seem to enjoy my presence - the girl from the field this morning. She was pretty and was well known by the guys around school.

During lunch, she walked up to Wonwoo's desk, sneering at me while doing so. Maybe she wasn't so nice after all?

"Hey.", she said to him.

Wonwoo's eyes left the pages of his book and you could notice how her breathing pattern changed when he looked directly at her. (I couldn't blame her though, his gaze was intoxicating.)

"We should get to know each other better. Care to join me for lunch?", she asked after getting herself together.

He looked over at me, eyebrows furrowed, eyes confused.
I stared blankly at him.
"You don't need my permission, go ahead.", I replied with my head tilted, not understanding the situation.

There was a tinge of disappointment on his face as he looked away from me after a few seconds.
Wonwoo got up and left with her without looking back.

Did I say something wrong?

That was the first time I didn't have lunch with Wonwoo since we met.

(after lunch)

Wonwoo returned and entered the classroom with her, laughing. He continued their little chat with his hand pressing against the classroom door. He glanced at me multiple times, only to look away almost immediately, slightly annoyed.
Classes resumed and Wonwoo returned to his seat.

As each class passed, the weight on my chest felt heavier and heavier. Ever since he sat down, Wonwoo has not once looked over at me. He wasn't his usual "i rather look at you study" self, and somehow it was affecting me. I stole some glances at him instead and each time I did, the look of pain on his face grew more obvious. Why?

As these thoughts remained in my mind, classes were over. Almost immediately Wonwoo got up from his seat and he walked over to the desk of the girl from before. With this, they walked out the classroom door together, and I was taken aback.

Maybe he'll be waiting at the gate, like always.

But he wasn't.

-and that was the first time he had left me alone since we met.