5. Are they together or not?

Start from the beginning

"Oh shit." I mumbled "I need to go, but can you-"

I can't believe I'm doing this.

"- which way do I have to go? Our guides didn't actually show us around." I admitted embarrassed.

He chuckled. Of course it was funny to him. I was the lost, pathetic freshman. I was nothing compared to his girlfriend, Katherine. She probably knew everything and every place in this school.

"I bet, sophomore's aren't that good of a guide's. I should've showed you around instead but maybe I can do that later." he smiled "And the field is that way."

He pointed at the back entry.

"Thanks." I waved at him as I was already running out of the entry.

-

Apparently I was a little late to gym class. When I arrived there I still had to change my clothes so that took a little time and besides Mrs. Jackson, the gym class teacher, made me do 20 push-ups in front of the other girls. I didn't know them but somehow I got the feeling they were already judging me. I missed Casey being with me. She had a different gym teacher and classes. I bet she was somewhere with Nick.

Mrs. Jackson made us run around the field three times and then we had to do multiple jumping jacks. During that she promoted the cheerleading team to us since she was the one who accepted the new ones to the Red Bulls cheerleading team.

When I was a little girl, I dreamed about being a cheerleader. I wanted to know how to do the tricks and be very good at it. But I never got the chance to audition for a team an I wasn't sure if they would take me, of course if I auditioned.

Mrs. Jackson made us run again but this time we had to run from the end of the field to the other end.

Was she a some kind of marathon mentor or what?

As I was running, I heard people talking and laughing near the field. My eyes moved up to the huge stand next to the field. There was a group of teenagers watching our gym class.

Could this day get any worse?

Katherine was there with her friends and with Justin, of course. He was with a couple of guys.

I decided to just focus on the gym class. I was already late so I didn't want to do anymore push ups. But as we stopped in the middle of the field so Mrs. Jackson could inform us what we would be doing next, my focus was lost completely. Secretly I was watching Justin the whole time and even I didn't realize that myself.

Katherine was talking to him and their faces were very close to each other. As she talked to him, he had his gaze on her lips the whole time. I switched on my spot, feeling uncomfortable that I had to see that. Well, to be honest I didn't have to stare at them but I just couldn't stop. I needed answers. I wanted answers.

Are they together or not?

"Ms. Hale!" my thoughts were interrupted by Mrs. Jackson coming towards me with a look that could kill. "15 push-ups for not listening to me."

The girls on my class giggled. I sighed and went to the ground. My arms shook as I did the push-ups. They were starting to be sober from all the work.