Silver Horizons | 18

SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW. BUT GUESS WHAT. BIG ENDING. ALSO, I will be posting the next chapter within a couple days. All my reports for school are over with and turned in, and I don't have any bracelets to make for my friends (they pay me) so I will have more time to write. I'll try to make the next chapter longisher, but no promises.

OH, and this story is almost over (x five chapters left at the most.

_________________________________________________________

So basically you fell for me.

            Basically.

            The words kept running through my head, over and over and over again.

            So basically you fell for me.

            Basically.

            Each time, they hurt even more, the imaginary dagger digging deeper and deeper into my heart. The pathetic part was that the situation was turned on me. I thought that he was the one with the gun, but it was the other way around. He allowed himself to care for me, and he handed me the gun. He allowed me to press that gun against his head, and I pulled the trigger.

            So basically you fell for me.

            Basically.

            I didn’t even respond. I didn’t even tell him that I felt the same way. I just let him walk away. In retrospect, I let him plunge the dagger through my heart even if it was a metaphorical way to explain the throbbing pain in my chest.

            So basically you fell for me.

            Basica—

            “Elijah.”

            I whipped my head around to see Kyle standing beside my cot, looming over my motionless form.

            “What, Ky?” I said, not meaning to sound as irritated as I did.

            “I saw what happened.”

            He was not supposed to see that. That was one of the reasons I regretted with Forest and I did. Kyle. Kyle was always the reason. Always. He saw. “Huh? What did you see?” I asked, trying to play it off as a hallucination on Kyle’s part, but he wasn’t stupid.

            “The kiss, Elijah,” my brother retorted, rolling his eyes. “You guys were pretty loud when you started yelling at each other. It’d be a miracle that I slept through it.”

            I cast my eyes down, not meeting his gaze. It was patronizing and judging. I couldn’t handle that, especially when it came to my own brother. “Garrett?”

            “Nah,” Ky said. “He didn’t wake up. Well, not that I know of. Unless he woke up and lied there all quiet and not Garrett-like at all…”

            “Right,” I said, clearing my throat. I sat up. “Anyway. What time is it?”

            Kyle raised his wrist and checked his invisible watch. “Well, there’s sun coming through the cracks in the walls, so I’m assuming the sun just rose.”

            “Right,” I repeated. “Okay.”

            “You’ve been lying there a long time. You know, just lying there. Forest left hours ago. You must have a lot on your mind right now. You’re not usually this slow when it came to situations like these.”