Four

Lauren's P.O.V.

The first thing Lauren registered as she woke up is pounding in her head. And not light pounding. She groaned loudly as she shifted lightly in her large bed, refusing to open her eyes to the sunlight filtering through her drapes. But as she shifted, she also registered something that wasn't supposed to be there – another body.

Her green eyes shot open immediately and could make out the features of another woman. She briefly wondered if she took anyone home last night, as she couldn't remember anything that happened after Dinah and Normani had left her at the bar. She guessed she got into drinking and hadn't stopped until she had been taken home. But the question still was, by whom and who was in bed with her?

The groan had apparently woken the other person up as she felt them shift, and only then did she realize that she had her arm lain across the woman's stomach.

"Morning." A voice coming from the body murmured, and Lauren immediately sighed with relief. She recognized that voice. Camila.

Camila turned so she was facing Lauren, and the brunette could see her smiling. The younger girl's hair was sprawled across her – or, well, Lauren's – pillow and her eyes were thick with sleep.

"How are you feeling?" Camila asked after the green eyed woman failed to answer, too caught up in the beautiful being that was Camila.

"Hungover." Lauren finally answered, flashing her a weak smile as she retracted her arm from Camila's stomach, almost instantly missing the contact. What the hell was happening?

"I figured. You were pretty out of it. There's water and aspirin on your bedside table," Camila returned the smile, though it looked much more genuine than Lauren's, but then again, she wasn't the one being hungover.

"Thanks." Lauren murmured before she turned, sitting herself up so she could gulp down the medicine that would hopefully cure her head ache within the half hour.

"You should go take a shower," Camila said after she was finished, and crawled out of the bed. Lauren watched her as she made her way over to the door. "You'll feel better."

Lauren nodded and smiled to herself as Camila disappeared from the room to do whatever she was going to do, thinking to herself that she kind of enjoyed this side of the brunette girl; taking care of her.

She did as Camila suggested and took a long, hot shower, staying under the stream for as long as she could, until the pounding in her head had disappeared altogether. She was glad that it was a Saturday, and that she didn't have to leave for work. For one, she would already have been terribly late to work, and secondly, she really didn't feel like dealing with people today. Except Camila, for some reason.

Once she came out of the bathroom, the scent of bacon and eggs filled her nose and although she was still slightly nauseous, her stomach growled loudly. She didn't think she had had any dinner last night, so she figured that she should ignore the dry ache in her throat and fill herself with some food – even if it was a minimal amount.

She trodded down the stairs carefully, her hand supporting her weight by pressing against the white walls, and entered the kitchen.

"Better?" Camila asked her as soon as she stood in the room; she turned as Lauren took a seat on a stool and watched her carefully. Lauren felt somewhat embarrassed under the girl's stare, but she kept quiet and simply nodded. In silence, they both scooped up an amount of bacon and eggs from the frying pan that Camila had placed on the counter top and both shoveled it into their mouths rapidly.

"I'll do the dishes." Lauren said with a small voice after both had finished. The silence was still stretching on and the green eyed woman couldn't take it anymore. Besides, she should thank Camila in some way after she had taken such care of her.