Two

Two

Their uncomfortable silence was soon broken by someone at the door.

"That must be the pizza," Camila's face lit up immediately, and moved to stand up and fetch her purse, but Lauren waved her off.

"It's on me," she said, walking towards her suitcase to get her wallet. "Figure I can save you the unnecessary expense."

The younger brunette made a face at Lauren's remark as she walked towards the entrance hall.

Camila opened the door to a teenage boy, a hopeful expression on his face, holding out a box. He smiled widely when he came face to face to a beautiful woman. Behind her, Lauren was leaning against the living door frame; but the younger did not notice that she had followed.

"Pizza for a beautiful girl," The boy said with a smirk as he handed Camila the box. Lauren frowned as the younger one giggled, not used to her being flirty with anyone but herself. She knew that Camila probably flirted with a lot more people than her, and she didn't like the thought of that, somehow.

She moved to stand by Camila's side, wrapping an arm around the smaller girl's waist, gently pulling her into a sideways embrace.

"Thanks," Lauren told the boy, tone chipped, and handed him a few notes that would surely cover the cost. "Keep the change. Come on, wife."

Before either the pizza boy or Camila could respond, she shut the door. As soon as the boy's view was blocked, she let go of the other girl and walked into the kitchen, already fetching two plates from a cupboard by the time Camila had caught up.

She turned to see that Camila had seated herself on a stool, already shoving a slice of pizza into her mouth. She placed the plate before the girl and frowned.

"You're just going to eat that with your hands?" She questioned as she watched.

"How else are you supposed to eat pizza?" Camila wrinkled her nose adorably, then giggled. The other brunette kept quiet, as she usually used cutlery to cut up her pizza and eat it as a regular meal. Then again, she always made the pizzas herself.

She copied the other girl's actions and chewed on her own piece absentmindedly. By the time she was finished with her first, Camila was already halfway through her third.

"So, what was that at the door?" Camila finally asked, studying Lauren's face closely. Lauren coughed as she trained her eyes on the counter top, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Well, you're my wife, apparently," The older one started hesitantly. "I found out today. I don't really know how it's possible... So I played along with it. At least until we find out what's going on; I have a reputation to hold up, you see."

"Yeah, God forbid I damage your reputation," Camila retorted sarcastically. "But we've been married for six months. Ally told me."

Lauren nodded, interested to hear what her 'wife' had found out. It was still a big mystery to the both of them, and every little piece of information was useful.

"What else?" She asked, moving away from the kitchen counter to find herself a piece of paper so she could note everything down. She didn't want to mess anything up at work by saying the wrong things or acting the wrong way.

They discussed everything they had seen and heard. Lauren could not help but giggle when Camila informed her that they had bought the restaurant, Da Giovanni, for Ally – there was no way that the younger one could have paid for it. Lauren shrugged it off. She had more money than she needed.