Three

Three

Camila's POV.

Their night was spent with small talk, some about music, some about books. Lauren had cooked them a simple meal and she had surely enjoyed it. She liked seeing another side to the older girl, however much it took her by surprise.

But all the while, she had this nagging feeling about things. Lauren and her were practically strangers, and she could not expect the other woman to continue this marriage. Come to think of it, was she considering actually remaining married to Lauren Jauregui, a girl she had detested until, well, the day before?

Her thoughts were confusing her, and whenever this happened, there was only one person Camila turned to: Ally.

She had called up her best friend after dinner and arranged a lunch-meeting with her.

This is where she was now, sat at a table at Da Giovanni's, her former workplace and currently Ally's restaurant. She was curious if the food had improved since she and Lauren had bought it for her childhood friend.

Ally had yet to join her, but Camila wasn't pressed for time. Lauren had informed her the previous night that she would be in and out of meetings all day, so she had no fear of running into her wife. She didn't want to take the risk that her wife would hear.

Finally, Ally joined her, but she decided to not dive into it right away; she casually asked her friend about her personal life – and her job, obviously – and listened until she could not take it anymore.

"Listen, Ally," Camila began hesitantly, scanning her older friend's face thoughtfully. Ally was alert right away, pausing her chewing as she had just taken a bite from her food.

Camila continued by telling her everything that happened; about hating Lauren just two days ago, about waking up next to her, about apparently being married to her. As she talked, she was reminded of why she liked Ally so much. She never interrupted her, no matter how bizarre her stories were, and didn't judge her whatsoever.

"Camila," She finally sighed. "I don't know how that's possible, like, at all... But you've got to take some precautions. What if she divorces you? You'll lose everything."

The realization hit Camila hard and her face contorted in pure shock. Ally was right... If Lauren decided that this nonsense was just that, she would lose everything. She had no job, no place to go to, and honestly she still was trying to figure out what was going on in this alternate universe and what kind of life she was living in it, apart from being married to Lauren.

No, she needed to get in touch with a lawyer. Just to be sure.

Their conversation evolved to less serious topics, though Camila noticed that her friend was throwing worried glances at her every now and then. The girl was probably worried about her business, too, which only made the young brunette more determined to see a lawyer.

They finished their lunches with promises of meeting up soon, and Camila hurried home, storming into the house with only one thing on her mind.