"Will someone fill me in?" Lucy folded her arms.

    "Can I tell them?" Kian asked John in which he shrugged. "His shitty father beats him from time to time...even though I told him to talk to someone."

    Lucy and Vanessa were in shock. Vanessa tried to rub his back out of sympathy but he moved away. That's the main thing he didn't want, sympathy.

    "I'm gonna tell my mom tomorrow," John spoke. "I just need somewhere to stay for now and I know you guys have a lot of guest rooms."

    "Uh yeah, which our dad checks every night," Vanessa scoffed.

    "He can stay in my room," Kian spoke up. "Lucy will just have to stay in Vanessa's."

    "You didn't tell me you were gonna stay in his room," Vanessa said to Lucy.

    "What had happened was..." Lucy trailed off.

    "Ugh, whatever. Kian, just sneak him upstairs now before your mom finds out."

. . . . .

    While the others continued the movie downstairs, John stayed in Kian's room. He stared at his phone, hesitant to call Nadia but he did.

    "Hello?" She answered.

    "Hey," he exhaled.

    "Baby...I miss you," she said. "What are you up to?"

    "Uh," he looks around. "I'm at the...Jones residence."

    "Where?"

    "Where that big party was. Vanessa Jones & Kian Lawley's house."

    "Why are you there," Nadia inquired. "That's random."

    "I'm kinda hiding out." He rubbed his forehead, feeling a faint pain of an impending headache.

    "You choose there of all places? Babe...come over."

    "Listen, there's things you don't know about that I don't wanna tell you just yet. Just trust me, okay? I'm fine over here and I'll see you tomorrow night, I'll pop by."

    "Now I'm worried. Talk to me."

    "I told you I will eventually."

    "You know what, John? You've been really crappy lately. I know I stay busy with schoolwork and cheerleading but I'm still your goddamn girlfriend. Strangers know your business but your girlfriend is out of the loop? What kind of shit is that?"

    "Nadia," he raises his voice. "Why can't you respect the fact that there are certain things I'm not ready to discuss?! It's always an argument. The brainiac has to know everything."

    "Don't talk to me like that."

    "What are you, my mother now? I'll see you tomorrow night, end of discussion."

    He immediately hangs up, trying to control his anger. His body is sore and he pulls his bag closer to him, pulling out those pills. Usually he takes one, but tonight he was taking two. Nadia called back right before he put them in his mouth but he ignored the call.

. . . . .

    After the movie, Kian and Lucy sat outside by the glowing pool. Kian looks up and sees the light turn off in the master bedroom.

    "Aaaand they're asleep," he said, taking the joint out of his pocket to light up. He puffs twice and passes it to Lucy.

    Lucy stares up at the night sky, hating how much light pollution Los Angeles has; how much pollution it has in general. But she goes into deeper thought, moving her feet around in the water as she sat on the edge.

The New 90210जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें