Chapter 11

Fast forward 17/03/2011

Today is the day.

Never in a million years would I have thought that my brother would be getting married. Jacob, the Jacob Green. Remember that girl he was doing back then in his bedroom seven years ago? Yeah, Rachel. Apparently the both of them have been in love and were serious about each other since then. I know, seven years is a really long time. I wonder how can she stand my brother.

"I don't care if we're going to be late for the wedding! I just want all the arrangements to be perfect. You know how she gets when nothing is perfect."

Jacob was on the phone, arguing with the florist and I was just sitting on his sofa in the living room, waiting for him to stop yammering on and on about flower arrangements. Normally it's the woman who does all this. Don't ask me why my brother is in charge of the flower arrangements. I don't want to ask him either. It's been thirty minutes since I got here and he hasn't gotten off the phone. Sam was standing outside, waiting for me.

"Everything alright there?"

Jacob held his phone away. "Yeah. I'm so sorry. Just give me a moment."

I let out a frustrated sigh and walked out the door towards Sam. Things weren't exactly getting better back at home after that night. We didn't really exchange words to get pass through that phase but we avoided the topic every chance we got. Sam is being more independent and is trying his best to help around the house more. He is going to finish his studies in a few months time and then the both of us are going to take a short break for our four year anniversary. It's only fair since the both of us have been too busy to spend any quality time with each other.

"Everything okay?"

I shook my head. "No, not really."

Sam kissed the top of my head and rested his cheek on it. "Why don't we just get out of here and meet him there, since we're already going to be late."

That wasn't a bad idea after all. We could just leave Jacob here, Sam and I could probably just go get some ice cream or something else to eat. I think I'm about to get my menstruation. I've been thinking about food for the last two hours and that was since I ate a pretty heavy breakfast.

"Is it okay if we go get something to eat while we're at it?"

He grinned at me and kissed me square on the lips. "Thought you'd never ask."

-----***-----***-----***-----***-----

"Ladies and gentlemen, families and friends. Today we are gathered here to witness a very beautiful ceremony of the ever lovely Rachel Johnson and Jacob Green."

Weddings were never something I liked. I hated weddings. To witness it was already a bore to me. Empty promises are always made. Yeah, sure, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, you'll always love your spouse. Then why was divorce ever a thing? That's the problem about weddings; empty promises. But when I saw the way Jacob looked at Rachel, it made me believe in those promises.

Sam couldn't, no, wouldn't stop looking at me. He loves me, no doubt.

But what if he found out what you did the other night?

I mentally scolded myself for remembering that night at this time. I haven't seen James since that night. It wasn't something that was meant to keep happening. It was only one time and that was it.