Chapter 13

Super Rewind 07/07/2007

I am not exactly sure how I got here, but the feeling I had inside me was overwhelming. Was it good? Was it bad? I have no idea.

I am standing here, outside his front door, contemplating if I should knock it. Charles was still in the car, just watching and waiting for my next move. Sam's room was lit up with his oh so famous Star Wars lamp which was probably visible from fifty feet away. I looked back at Charles, asking him for help silently.

Am I doing the right thing?

Should I go home and make amends with my mother?

Mother and I had a big argument. She was not keen of me constantly going out with Sam. Is it wrong that I do though? It's not like she actually does give a damn about me. Last time I checked, all she ever does is walk around the house like a zombie and I don't even know if she's even my mother anymore. Jacob is probably out with Rachel as usual. You see, that I don't get. Just because I'm a girl, I'm obligated to stay home and do the house chores. Going out is always an issue for me. It's not like anyone gives a shit about me in this house anyway.

We always argue about this on a daily basis but today was a tad bit much.

I was packing my bag, throwing in everything that I needed. Towel, toothbrush, underwear and all my other clothes. I could hear my mother shouting at me from outside my door but it was really muffled. She was banging the door as if it would do any good. I can't handle staying in this hell hole any longer. I can't stand living in the same house with people who don't act like a real family. What is home anyway? The only real home I know is Sam and his family. They feel more like home than my own family.

"Belle, you better open this damn door now or else you're grounded," my mum shouted.

"Like hell I am." I slammed my closet shut once I took out everything I needed. "I'm leaving, and don't you dare call the police on me. I'm done living in this shit house."

"You are not going anywhere, young lady." She tried forcing the door open again and again, groaning each time she fails. "This is my house, I am your mother and you're my daughter. Not theirs."

I scoffed and laughed dryly. "You sure as hell don't act like my mother." I stopped packing and walked up to the door saying, "And they sure as hell treat me better than you do. So maybe you could get some pointers from them, don't you? Oh, that's right. You only care about yourself and your fuck boys that come along the way. No big deal." I spat at my door and continued packing.

She got even more worked up and shouted even louder. "How dare you talk to me like that? Do you know how hard it is without him? Do you know how hurt I am? No, you don't, because you've never experienced death of someone you truly love."

I laughed. "Oh, really, mum? But how come you seem dead to me? That hurts me like shit because all you ever think about is your own happiness. You never once asked me how was my day or if I wanted to go shopping with you like a normal mother would. You just sit around in this hell hole, bring in fuck boys and you're not even around most of the time so why bother? Oh, that's right, because you're an ugly, self-centered bitch, that's why."

I heard her gasp and she was silent for awhile. Until she started banging the door even harder. "Maybelle Alexandrea Green, open the fucking door this instant."

"I thought there won't be any swearing in this house," I shouted back.

"Jesus Christ, Mayblle. Stop being like this."