Chapter 9: Law and Order

It was the 2nd Monday of the January of second semester and I finally asked Mr. Maristella why our Glee Club is gone.

"Hey, Mari!" I call him that to piss him off.
"Oh dear," he murmurs. Sorry old man, but you can't hide from your favorite student.

"Mr, I have a question."
"I'm sure you do."
"Wow I'm not that dumb."
"I never said you were."

Arguing with this man isn't worth my time.

I finally blurt it out.
"Mr. Maristella what happened to our Glee club?!"

I can see Bea Bianca glancing from afar. She knows something, But I'd rather ask old hipsters who went to this school years ago than her.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"Cuz I wanna know."

"The Glee club is gone because every single year it was a disaster. Champs always won. Someone from champs pretended to be an HZ student in the glee club and they stole our ideas. We had no evidence to report them. The glee club was a big no."

Nothing I can say to that.

As he walked away depressed from my question, I walked To my history class.

Today someone from a museum talked to us about historians and how they research. She used an "Inside Out" movie poster as an example.

"What do these characters show you?"

I blurted out like a dumb 5 year old.
"Purple is fear. Red is anger. Yellow is joy. Blue is sadness. Green is disgust."

Everyone looked at me.

"Well someone watched the movie," Marissa says. What is she laughing at? We watched the movie together.

When  the last bell rang I walked up to Mr. Maristella's desk.

"Can I help you, Jen?"

"I came up with a great idea." I actually did.

"And what would that be?"

"You and I are gonna revive the glee club!"

He didn't say anything. He just looked at the paper works he had. I kept bothering him until he spoke up.

"I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Why not?"

"Well what if the horror story of many years ago comes back?"

"Mister, you have nothing to worry about. All Champs students can easily be identified and kicked out. I don't think anybody else could steal our ideas."

"But we don't have the equipment anymore."

Wow. What a great private school we got here.

"This school doesn't have enough money to pay for glee club equipment, Jen."

"Then go with me and let's buy some supplies. I mean, your wife is ok with helping the school, right?"

He just had a blank look on his face. Then I knew.

"You're single, aren't you?"

"Yeah..."

"Looks like you're stuck with me after school everyday starting tomorrow."

"Yay" that was sarcasm not the actual quote.