August // Best Friend

August has been my best friend since elementary school. We're both 16 and Juniors in highschool. He's the sweetest boy I've ever met. Last year, my ex cheated on me and left me for another girl and he asked to be my valentine. He bought me a teddy bear, flowers and a necklace. There's never a day that goes by when I see him and don't receive some type of compliment. It's always the things he does like this that makes me want to catch feelings, but I always stop myself. I have girl best friends, but I'm not even as close with them as I am with August. We have such a good friendship, I'm terrified to cross that boundary and possibly ruin it and make things awkward. I sometimes try to distance myself or take my mind off of the topic of maybe catching feelings for him, but it doesn't always work...
One Friday we had gotten out early. Seeing how my parents have known August and his parents since we were kids, when he invited me to spend the day with him after school, they didn't mind. We took the bus to his house and we were in his room just eating ice cream and playing would you rather. I got a call from my mom saying that because of the thunderstorm that was supposed to start soon, no one would be able to pick me up until tomorrow afternoon. She told me she'd called Ms. Sheila and asked her to pick me up some pajamas on her way home from work.

Y/N: Auggie!! *calling him very brat like walking back up the stairs after the phone call with your mom*

August: Yes?

Y/N: My mom says I have to spend the night. *flops back on his bed grabbing at a bag of chips*

August: For real? You know I'm gonna prank the hell outta you, right? *smirking cutely yet menacingly*

Y/N: Ugh, do you have to torture me?

August: *gesturing you to lean on his shoulder* Nah, I'm not gone do that... Or maybe...

Y/N: *leans on him then playfully hits him* No!

August: *laughing* Alright, damn, Y/N you got it. Ya little ass is aggressive.

Y/N: *playfully kisses him on the cheek* I know. *continues eating the chips*

August: *wraps his arm around you while he scrolls through the TV channels*

After a few hours passed, Ms. Sheila came home with a tooth brush and my pajamas. I took a shower, brushed my teeth and changed and soon after me August did. We both returned to his room and started watching "The Notebook". I loved that movie and have seen it so many times. August too, but he didn't like it as much as me. Being the sweetheart he is, though, he did not hesitate to play it when I asked.

About 50 minutes had gone by of us watching the movie and he had actually been paying attention. I didn't even realize that we were full on cuddling by this time, but I didn't even care. But yet again, I felt those unwanted feelings toward him coming back. I used my scrunchy to put my hair in a lazy bun, lifted up off of him, and sat at the edge of the bed.

August: *getting up to sit beside you* You good, Y/N? What happened?

Y/N: *lying to avoid exposing your feelings* Yeah, I was just getting warm laying in that one spot.

August: *leans over and turns on the AC* Aight, so when the room get cooler you could lay back down.

Y/N: *speaking softly* Okay...

We both sat on the edge of his bed still watching the movie when August noticed I had goosebumps and were shivering.

August: You okay? You ready ta lay back down?

Y/N: Yeah, no I'm fine, thanks.

August: *not believing you, went to his closet, got one of his hoodies, and let you put it on*

He was sitting really close to me and smelling his cologne was not helping my current situation. I try to subtly move away from him and once I noticed he noticed, I felt really bad. He looked upset, and he was completely ignoring the movie, just looking out of the window at the pouring rain. Thinking of how nice he's been to me, I started to tear up and eventually cry because I have been giving him the cold shoulder. I loved August and seeing him like that hurt me. He heard me sniffle and immediately turned around.

August: What happened to you? And don't fucken lie ta meh. *sits next to you again and wipes the tears from your face*

Y/N: Nothing, August, please...*trying to turn your face*

August: *turns your face to his by your chin with his finger* Y/N, we've been friends fa too long fa you to be hidin' ya feelings from me. You tell me everything what's going on now?

Y/N: *looks down and continues crying* I'm not telling you... Because I want to stay friends. Please trust me.

August: *pulls your face to his and kisses you*

Y/N: *kisses back*

August: *stops after about a minute* Stop all that crying, love. *smirking at you*

Y/N: *smiles and wipes your face*

August: You know I can't stand seeing you upset.

Y/N: August you're my best friend... And I just felt bad about brushing you off a little while ago. I feel like I kind of hurt your feelings

August: Well, a little bit. Why did you?

Y/N: *starts tearing again* Lately, I've been finding myself catching feelings for you, okay? I don't want to fuck up our friendship though, you're closer to me then a lot of my family. I don't want to like you in that way but...... It's really hard.

August: *looking down smiling* Damn, forreal? *looks back up at you*

Y/N: *rolls your eyes at him*

August: *laughs* What if I told you a nigga felt the same way?

Y/N: *starts blushing* Aug, I'm sorry, I never meant to be an asshole.

August: *smiling* You good, ma. *biting his lip at you* Com'eah. *pulling your face toward his and starts kissing you again*

Y/N: *wraps your arms around his neck and kisses him back*