Chapter 2: Invited over

“Rebecca, wake up. You don’t want to be late at your classes” Mom woke me up 7:00 am.

School is still at 8:00 so I have an hour to prepare. I go to a quick warm bath, you probably don’t want to stay long in the shower in a December morning. I slipped on my uniform and went downstairs.

“Rebecca, I prepared your favorite. Pancakes with strawberry syrup and some orange juice” Oh those I my favorite.

I quickly ran to the table, sitting beside my brother, Lucas and my Dad. Lucas is a senior in at my school. He was part of our football team and is a Batch President. No wonder he is such a girl magnet. He has a girlfriend Lisa who is obviously a bitch. She always wears short shorts and very exposing tops. Her attitude sucks and she is such a plastic. She is only good at me when Lucas is around. I don’t know what got into Lucas and he still dates her. Well Lucas and I are very close to each other. He always became my best friend and is always there when I needed him. He also helps me with my home works and projects. That’s why I love him.

“Rebecca, Lisa is coming over this evening. Please stay in your room so she couldn’t bother you.” Lucas said.

“What?! I thought you already broke up with her? You know that I didn’t like her. Even though I stay in my room she will always bother me” I scolded at him.

“Oh baby sister is having her tantrums again. I promise you she will not bother you this night. Now, finish your food so I can drive you off to school early.”

I realized that I haven’t got a bite. I eat a little just to show them I eat. I really don’t like to eat. It makes me fat. I want to be thin like Lily and Stephanie.

“That’s all?” Dad asked me.

“Yeah, I’m not that hungry” I got up and adjust my uniform.

“Rebecca your packed lunch is in the counter.” Mom reminded me

“Thanks mom!”

“Rebecca time to go.” Lucas called me so we could go to school.

 “There we are” Lucas said.

“Thanks Lucas. See you later”

I entered the building; I still have 10 minutes till my class starts. I got up in my locker beside my friends.

“Good Morning Guys!” I greeted.

“Hi Rebecca! So we are planning a house party tonight. Would you come?”

Stephanie just invited me to a party?! I can’t believe this! Rebecca throws the best parties in the school and take note: Only the popular ones are invited.

“I would love to!” I exclaimed.

“Okay so the party starts at 7. See you there!” Steph walked by with a smile on her face.

I couldn’t believe it. Maybe Stephanie is my best friend since I start high school and I was with their group most of the time but this is the first time she invited me over. We are sophomores but hey, it doesn’t stop her throwing the best parties ever. I’m sure the rest of Lucas’ football team is going. I got my books and my binder and headed to my first class.

                After 3 consecutive boring classes it is finally lunch. I headed to my locker to get my lunch pack then to the cafeteria. I looked for Stephanie and the rest of her group. They are sitting in the popular’s table. Since I the table is full, I have to sit in the nearby vacant table. I opened my lunch pack and I suddenly lost my appetite. If I eat, I’ll get fat but I want to be skinny. I set my food aside and play with my phone. I’ll probably give my lunch to the street children. They need it more than me. I sat there the whole lunch time and Stephanie acted like I wasn’t there. I went back to my locker, put my lunch and got my books and binder.