chapter 36 : Bella

“Where do you think they could be?” Hanna asked me as she looked around impatiently. “You don’t think they forgot do you?”

I rolled my eyes. “No, they probably didn’t forget, but they are guys. They do get distracted easily. Besides,” I pointed out the time, “it’s nearly time for dinner. Let’s just head up to the castle and meet them there.”

She nodded. “Alright.”

I have to admit. I was a little worried. I mean, Blaise never broke his word, even if he really didn’t promise. And I know that we’ve only been going out for a little over three months, but I feel like I know him well enough to judge him on his trustworthiness. I mean, I love him. He’s the only one for me. Always has been and always will be.

“I hope they’re alright,” Hanna said as she tightened her scarf.

I shrugged. “I bloody hope they aren’t,” I smirked. “If they’re going to stand us up, they deserve a little punishment.”

“What a terrible thing to say!”

I laughed at her. She was so cute when she got shocked or angry with me. That’s when something cold hit the back of my head. I turned to see Ron Weasley laughing his ass off.

“What the bloody hell was that, Weasley?” I yelled and his grin was wiped right off his face. “Can’t you watch where you’re throwing your damn snowballs?”

“I’m sorry,” he said as Hermione glared at him.

“You shouldn’t have been throwing snowballs anyway, Ronald,” she scolded him. “It’s very impolite.”

“But rather enjoyable,” Harry Potter smiled as he rounded the corner. “Hey, Honeyyeager and Bolyard right? You’re in Gryffindor, I remember from potions class.”

“Yes, that’s who they are,” Hermione spoke for them. “Hanna, here, is dating Malfoy even though I specifically warned her against it. Looks as if she doesn’t have any brains,” she giggled.

“What was that, Granger?” I spat, pulling out my wand. “You warned her? Warned her about what exactly if I might ask?”

Harry stepped between us and in front of my wand. “Look, just put your wand down. This doesn’t have a need to get violent, especially between fellow Gryffindors. Hermione apologizes for what she says, and I’m sure you’re sorry for pulling a wand on her. So, what do you say? We’re all friends?”

I glanced over at Hanna, who had giggled at what Potter had just said. I felt like barfing at what he just said, but he had a point. We’re all Gryffindors so there’s no need for violence. We could talk things out rationally with one another. So, I put my wand back in my back pocket.

“So,” I said to Harry’s smile. “What exactly did you warn her against?”

“Well,” Hermione said, stepping out from behind Harry. “We kind of believe-“

“Not kinda – we do believe,” Harry corrected her.

Hermione nodded. “Right. We do believe that Draco is a-“

But she didn’t finish her statement. There was shrieking and screaming coming from down the path; it kind of sounded like they were arguing. So, we all took off to see what was going on. We found Katie Bell and another Gryffindor – I’m not sure of her name – were fighting over a rather small, brown package. One that reminded me of the package that Draco was carrying the other day and I thought it was tacky. Oh, no was my only thought.

“Hey!” Harry yelled, prepared to control another fight.

Katie pulled the package out of her friend’s hand before dropping the package and rising up into the air, where it looked like she was having a fit of sorts. Hanna was on the verge of tears, as was Hermione, Ron had his arms around Hermione. Harry was questioning the friend. No one even thought to go for help. So, that’s exactly what I did. I ran off towards the castle and saw Hagrid running down towards me.

“Hagrid! It’s Katie. Something’s happened to her and she’s having a fit or something!” I yelled and he nodded as he ran ahead of me.

I followed him down and found Katie on the ground. Hagrid scooped Katie up in his arms and told Harry to grab the package without touching the hole that had been ripped into it, which is what sent Katie into that fit. Hagrid also told all of us to follow him up to Dumbledore’s office as witnesses. I took Bella by the hand as we all followed Hagrid in silence.

“What is the meaning of this?” McGonall asked us, the five Gryffindors. “You three are always in here,” she pointed to Potter, Weasley, and Granger. “and you two, are never in here. What went on out there that Miss Bell is left unconscious?”

“It was this, Professor,” Harry said, placing the package down that he had wrapped in his scarf. “It had torn right before she had the fit.”

“And you all just witnessed this?” McGonagall question.

We all nodded. She put her hand up to her forehead as if she had a headache. Harry stepped forward a bit and placed a hand on her shoulder. We all waited for him to say what he was going to say, but he waited a few more moments.

“It was Malfoy, Professor,” he said very calmly.

“What?!” Hanna shrieked. “Did he just seriously blame Draco?”

I had never seen Hanna that angry before in all of my life. She was hardly ever angry, but when she was, it blew over really quick. That time, Hanna wasn’t backing down. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she turned to me.

“Han, don’t waste your breath,” I said, knowing that Harry was right.

“Potter,” McGonagall started. “That is a very serious accusation to make.”

“Do you have any proof?” Snape asked as he turned from the necklace that was enclosed in the brown paper. When Harry didn’t answer, Snape smirked. “Then don’t go accusing my students without it.”

 “You are all dismissed,” McGonagall said, turning to the necklace with Snape.

“Draco will get what is coming to him,” Ron said as they all walked towards the Great Hall.

“I can’t believe that you’re still blaming him. He did not do this!” Hanna shrieked and everyone stopped walking to look at her, including me.

“Hanna,” Harry said, slowly approaching her. “Whether you choose to believe it or not, Draco is a deatheater. His father is one –“

“Which doesn’t mean anything! You don’t have any right to blame him without proof, like Snape said,” she crossed her arms over her chest and looked at me. “Right, Bella?”

I didn’t know what to say because unlike Harry, Ron, and Hermione I knew the truth – and they were damn straight on without any proof. They’re suspicions were good, I had to admit. I just looked at Hanna, who took offense to my silence, so I spoke up.

“No, they have no right to, but Hanna,” I said with a deep breath. “There’s no need to protect him.”

“Are you saying you’re on their side?” she asked, pointing at the other three. “I thought you were my friend. No, I thought you were my sister. If you were, you would be on my side. You know that Draco is innocent.”

I shook my head. “No, Hanna. He’s not.”

She narrowed her eyes at me before turning on her heel and running out the entrance doors. I turned to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were all just staring at me. I sighed before just walking passed them and into the Great Hall.