chapter 9 : Pansy

“How was your night, Millicent?” I smirked as she danced into the common room.

She smiled at me. “It was wonderful. What about yours?”

I sighed. “Awful, just plain awful.”

“Why is that? I thought that you were going to get back with Draco? You said you were going to get back with him because you forgave him for hitting you.”

“I miss him.”

“It’s only been three days since you broke it off,” she rolled her eyes, “If the guy hit you, then you shouldn’t even be with him. He doesn’t deserve you.”

The thing was that he never hit me. I made the whole thing up. I know that I shouldn’t have spread a rumor like that, but we were becoming boring. That was something that I didn’t like. I liked it when people talked about us, me mainly. I need exciting not a standstill.

I looked her straight in the eyes. “It was just a onetime thing. He’s been stressed lately with his mission. You know how the pressure is.”

She nodded.

I sighed again. I really did miss Draco. I just don’t want hoe-hum boring like he seems to want. He wants a fairy book romance, whereas I want drama and for him to prove his love over and over again. He just wants me to believe it and live in the moment forever with him. I know. This is most girls fantasies, but I like having people look at me and talk about me. It gives me a thrill.

“We should get going. Last class of the day is just about to begin. I know how you just love Ancient Runes,” she giggled and grabbed my hand.

I hated Ancient Runes. It was my least favorite subject, but my parents insisted that I take it. I have no idea why, but that’s just the way it goes. I have trouble reading the runes, and the professor knows it too. She said that she would get me some help. I so loved her for that.

“Hello, Miss Parkinson,” the professor said as I entered the room and pulled me away from Millicent, “You said that you needed help last class, so I found you help. You just have to accept it. She may not be someone you particularly like, but she’s the best in your year. Besides Hermione Granger, but she’s already tutoring three of my students.”

“Who is she?” I asked, curious.

She looked over her shoulder, “Hanna, could you come over here for a sec?”

A dark haired girl in Gryffindor robes made her way over. She smiled sweetly. Uggh, gag me with a spoon. She has that classic smile that would make any guy swoon. I already hated her.

“Pansy, this is Hanna Honeyyeager. She will be your tutor for however long you need help,” the professor smiled, “I’ll let you two get acquainted then we’ll begin class.”

“Hi, Pansy. I didn’t know that it was you that I would be tutoring,” she said awkwardly but politely.

I gave her a lopsided grin. “Well, I can tell you that we are not going to be friends. You can just get me through this stupid freaking class. It’s a major pain in my ass. So, when do you want to meet?”

She shrugged. “When’s good for you? I’m free tonight.”

“No. I’m getting back together with Draco tonight. How about tomorrow morning before classes start? That would be best.”

She nodded slowly. “That’s a great time,” she said faintly.

“See you then. Oh!” I said, grabbing her attention before she got too far, “Don’t become a pain in my ass or I will drop you. There’s plenty of other tutors in this school. You can be easily replaced.”

She nodded and returned to her seat. I smiled in accomplishment before taking my seat next to Millicent, who was grinning at me. Apparently, she had seen who my tutor was. This was going to be fun. Spending time with an innocent-looking Gryffindor.

After class, Millicent was taken away by Blaise. I swear, they made quite a couple, but they just didn’t belong together. At least not forever. For now, it was okay. They were just having fun. No biggie; nothing permanent.

I decided to retreat to mine and Millicent’s room. I needed a quick beauty nap before dinner. I hated looking or feeling tired, and at that point, I was both. I know that people suspected it too. They had been giving me sympathetic looks all day long. Oh, well. The nap will take care of it.

At dinner, Draco seemed distant. He sat next to me, but he didn’t talk at all. I didn’t feel like saying much either, so Millicent and Blaise dominated the conversation. I just played with my food, not hungry. I was wondering if Draco would get back together if he was acting like this. Then, out of nowhere, he excuses himself and leaves. I glance at Blaise.

“Don’t look at me,” he said, taking a bite of his food.

I then narrowed my eyes at him. “Where is he going, Blaise?”

“I said, don’t look at me,” he repeated and met my eyes.

“Babe,” Millicent said to Blaise, “if you know, then you should tell Pansy. She’s forgiven him and she’s off to make up so they can get back together.”

He shook his head. “That’s not going to happen this time. You really blew it, Pans.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” I sneered.

He sighed. “He didn’t hit you, and you know it. Clear the gossip train, and maybe he’ll think about shagging you again, but perhaps,” he paused with a smirk, “not.”

I slammed by fist on the table. “Tell me, now”

“I think not.”

I reached across the table and grabbed his tie. “Tell me, now.”

He struggled to find breath for his answer. “He’s outside, but I don’t recommend that you go out there.”

“If it’s about his mission, I know all about that,” I smirked and stood.

“You don’t understand. It’s not about his mission. Not in the slightest.”

I smirked. “Then I shall find out. Draco and I belong together. You know that, Blaise. How silly you’re being.”

I walked out the doors and down the steps and heard a girl giggling. Anger swept through me. She better has not been with my Drakie. If she was, then she won’t know what hit her. I saw Draco standing alone by the lake. What is he doing? I asked myself.

“Where could she be?” he said rather loudly like he was talking to a child.

A dark haired girl then ran from behind a tree. “Perhaps I’m over here!” she yelled with a giggle.

I squinted my eyes to properly see who the girl was. I couldn’t tell because she had put her arms around Draco’s neck. Oh, hell no. I took a few steps closer and saw the girl perfectly. It was Hanna Honeyyeager, my Ancient Runes tutor.

She is so going to regret ever touching Draco, the little tramp