Day 3

(A/N)

This chapter is dedicated to BookRome54 for leaving so many comments on my previous chapter. I was so happy when I woke up this morning and saw the progress my story was making. Hope you like this chapter. :)

~~~

I woke up in a familiar room, my room. My whole body felt sore in a good way and I dreaded the training that I would have this morning. That's when I realized I hadn't heard my alarm clock ring this morning. Panicking I knew I would never wake up early enough for training, I looked at the clock only to see it was 1 in the afternoon.

"Crap" I said out loud before jumping into the shower. I missed dinner last night and breakfast this morning, lunch was at 12 so now I would have to wait till later before eating. I quickly changed and got out of the bathroom, wanting to find Max as soon as possible. The kid was really starting to grow on me and I wanted him to feel safe and happy in the pact. Before I left something sitting on my night table caught my eye. A silver platter with a plate of eggs, pancakes and orange juice. I squinted my eyes at it until my stomach growled again and I decided to eat it, even though I didn't know how it got there or who put it there. Someone must have noticed that I didn't eat anything for breakfast and I missed lunch. It could have been Cora or Brooke or maybe it was the cook. Or maybe it was... no, it couldn't be. He didn't care about me, but even as I thought that my mind drifted back to last night. I blushed at the thought of him carrying me back to my room.

I carried the silver platter into the kitchen, washed it and put it away. Then I went to go find Max. He was near the area with the other children, but stayed a few steps away from the game they were playing. Olivia was hanging around with them. Didn't she have better things to do? Like Luna things? Does she make Aiden do all the dirty work while she dances in the flowers?

When Max saw me approaching him, his face lit up. He ran over to me and put his arms around my legs. Then he looked up at me, his eyes big.

"I have a problem" My smile turned upside down as I frowned at him

"What's wrong?"

"I still don't know your name" He sounded frustrated, annoyed and angry all at once.

"Mia" I watched as he looked at his hands and softly whispered my name to himself several times, trying to remember it as if his life depended on it. By now Olivia had seen me and the look on her face was anything but happy.

"You just need to ruin everything" she said accusingly

"Excuse me?" I wasn't really sure where any of this was coming from

"First my mate comes home at 5 in the morning, your smell all over him and now you've taken Max"

"Max isn't an object, he can chose who he wants to be with, as for your mate, he was with me out of free will." It took all my will power to not smile at talking about my mate, he just made me feel so giddy.

"We were making great progress, me and Aiden"

"What do you mean?" Her face fell as she realized that she said something she shouldn't have

"Nothing, it doesn't matter" She stuttered. I stared after her as she walked back to the other children. I think I just found out a crack in their relationship and maybe, just maybe, I could pry it open.

I took Max on a walk in the forest and we found a really big strong tree, so we decided to climb up and talk for a little while. He wanted to know more about my childhood. I didn't have the best relationship with my parents. My brother was a few years older than me and when he found out his mate was the beta of another pack he left us immediately to take his spot. My parents were really proud of him, so they left me in the old pack to follow my brother across the country to his new pack. They didn't bother to tell me they were leaving and they didn't contact me for years until one day they showed up at my door step saying that my brother was killed by rogues and they wanted me to take them in. A week later they took me to a new pack, the Red Valley pack and I haven't seen them since. Of course, I didn't tell this to Max though. I told him stories of a happy childhood. Me and my brother had a good relationship, even though my parents always loved him more. They were never happy with me because, let's just say that I was a bit unexpected and unwanted.