chapter 37

Tini's pov 

J: It's someone who you know

S: And?

 *I moved and accidently touched a bookshelf. One of the books fell down. Stephie and Jorge turned around*

S: What was that?

J: I don't care. Anyways. I won't tell you more now. Can I leave?

S: Ughhh... go.

J: Alright, bye. Also, I would like you to leave my work up to me. Don't go after me like a guard dog. Thanks

*Jorge left and Stephie sat on her chair. She turned around and faced the window so she didn't see me. I slowly got out from my hiding spot and tiptoed to the door*

S: Stop right there Tini. 

*What? How? Did she? I stopped and Stephie turned again to look at me*

T: How did you-

S: I'm not stupid. Now tell me why did you spy on us?

T: Because... 

S: No, let me talk. You think I'm stupid enough for you to fool me. I know exactly who you are.

T: What?

S: You're Peter's girlfriend. I know everything that he does. How he treats you. 

T: T-that's not-

S: Of course it is. And now another question. Why did you spy on me and Jorge? Because you want to know more about his life. He doesn't tell you what his job is. Do you want to know?

T: N-no I just-

S: He's a journalist. And I'm his boss. 

T: I see... what's bad on being a journalist? Why didn't he tell me?

S: You would ask him about his current missions. Bug into his business.

T: And... why... why is that... not okay?

S: Try to think. He got in your life like a shooting star. He cares about you, he didn't give up even though he ended up in the hospital because of you. I'm sure he asked you some things. You are his mission. He has to publish the story of your miserable life so everyone can point at you and look at you

 *What she said felt so unreal. Her words faded in all the thoughts running through my mind. I couldn't think straight. The room turned into an unbreathable space. I felt tears threatening to fall down and ran out of the building. Even though I was out on fresh air now, it felt like I was closed in a small box. I ran back to Jorge's house, wanting to find out the truth. When I got back, Jorge was worriedly walking circles in the living room. When he saw me, he ran to me and wanted to pull me into an embrace but I stopped him*

J: Where were you? I was going crazy!

T: I... I know who you are. 

J: What do you mean?

T: I know that you're supposed to write an article about me and my miserable life. Just tell me, why? 

J: I... uh... Tini look, let's sit down and talk about this, okay?

 *We sat down, I was glad to feel the sofa supporting my body. The way home sucked out all of my energy. And the fact that my mind was in haze from everything that happened today didn't help.*

J: It was my mission to write it, that's right. But when I saw you, all my targets flew away. All I've done for you since we met wasn't my plan how to get your life story.