"What the hell?" he scoffs. "it's not going to be hopeless."

"If you're going to keep hurting girls, the word is going to get around and everyone will know," I cross my arms over my chest.

"Don't act like you've got nothing to hide," Connor snaps and slams his hand on the leather couch.

"I hide something every single damn day, but at least I don't break hearts each day."

"How don't you get bored then?" Connor questions me, his tone dark.

"Because I know what I'm doing and I know what I want," I half lie. I do know what I want except when I'm with Jamie, I have no idea what I'm doing. "I'm sorry, Connor. I should not be acting like this in front of my client."

"Whatever you say," Connor scoffs and stands up. "I have to go."

He exits my office without a look back and I exhale, closing my eyes and stand up. I glance at the time and walk out of my office, bringing my phone with me and I pass by Jamie. My insides do flips and I lean down and mutter into his ear telling him that he can take a seat in my office and that I'll be back. I give Katie a wave and she smiles at me.

"Did anything else happen yesterday?" I ask her.

"No, he was good for the rest of the day," she answers me and I let out a sigh of either relief or disappointment. It's almost as if I don't want him to get better. But I know I do. He has to. This isn't something that's optional. I'm given a task and I have to do it no matter how hard it is.

"Good," I say and I rush to the bathroom. I stare in the mirror like I usually do and splash some cool water on my face to lessen the redness.

I'm furious, to say the least. The number of clients I have that pay me for no reason is numerous and it's beginning to get on my nerves. I'd rather earn the money because I've done my job instead of for no dang reason.

After a couple moments of washing my hands and drying my face, I fix my eyebrows and unlock the door. I open it to see my next client, Antoine. I give him a warm smile and say good morning, walking back to my office. I take a deep breath as I pass by Katie again and I notice how the door to my office is closed.

Jamie kept it open before I went to calm myself down.

I knock on the door, my heart racing and I wait a few moments until Jamie opens the door. His breathing is heavy and damn he looks exhausted. He grabs a tissue with his right hand and rubs it over his left and that's when I realize what was going on. "s-sorry..."

"You're very lucky my boss didn't come in here to check on my work," I remark. My boss usually does that when I least expect it.

"I'm so sorry," Jamie looks up at the ceiling. "wrong place, wrong time. It shouldn't have happened. It won't happen again, I promise."

He glances at me with his big brown eyes, pleading for forgiveness. For a moment, I stay serious, then I just smile at him. I laugh lightly, looking down at the notes I have for him.

"What's so funny?"

I toss my hand sanitizer at him. "Nothing in particular."

"Then why are you laughing?" he questions me, his cheeks turning a bright shade of red.

"You don't have to apologize to me," I tell him, gazing into his eyes. "it's not the end of the world, nobody is hurt, right?"

He shakes his head, saying a quick 'no', and pours a small amount of my hand sanitizer on his hands and the bottle falls in between his legs. My breath catches in my throat and he quietly curses. Once he finishes rubbing the sanitizer on his hands, he grabs the small bottle and hands it to me. "thanks."