Chapter 6: Finding out Alex's Secret

Victor hand me the picture of his grandfather and I saw something that I didn't expect to see. I saw my grandfather so young in the picture. "He was with 5 guy in the picture and I'm guessing than one friends is the guy that he bet for me and my fiance." I thought in my mind. I was staring at the photo and it reminds me that the list says that my fiance's name starts with the letter V. I was shock. Could it be that my fiance is Victor? Is he the guy that I'm going to marry? 

I look at Victor and he was smiling and he lean his back on the was. He was so cheerful and nice ever we just met.  Then the guy sitting next to me stares at me and said. "Hey are you okay? you seem shock of something." He ask me. I look at him and said. "Oh nothing. I was just surprise that my grandfather is in this picture." I said and then both of then silent and surprise. Victor lean to me. "Really? No way. Your grandfather is one of my grandfather's best friend. I can't believe we finally find the last one of the group." Victor said and he was so amaze of me. "Look we already met the other grandchild of the other of his friends. And they all go to school here actually. And we just can't believe that you we're the grandchild of our grandfather's friend." the guy said. "I'm Vincent. Vincent Harrison." He reach his hand out. "I'm Alex White." I shake his hand and made me think all of a sudden. "Wait a minuet. Vincent? As in letter V?" I ask him and he nod to me. "Yeah. Why?" He ask. 

"Oh nothing hehehe." I replied and it made me confuse. "Vincent starts with letter V and Victor too. Which one of them is my fiance. What should I do? I know I'll just have to check if one of them has birth mark, likes to read poem, and afraid of heights. I can't just ask them if they were engage." I said in my mind.

After school I walk alone to my dorm and I miss walking with jack next to me. I didn't think that out friendship will be done so quick. I just want to tell him everything, but I can't I don't want his future to be gone. I don't want him to be expelled just because of me. As I was walking alone I saw a man under a tree. He has a long brown hair. He was reading a book. I was staring at him and he looks like a hansom vampire in the night reading something. His like a loner vampire. His so good looking. Then the man look at me. I look away and said. "Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to stare at you. You almost look like a vampire in the night." I said and step back little by little. He chuckle and look back at me. "Don't worry its fine. I'm a student here also and I was just reading a book that's all." He said to me and walk towards me. 

He reach out a red rose on his hand and bow gently. "Here please accept this as a token of our new friendship. I'm Fredrick William." He said to me and I took the flower. "I'm Alex White. Its nice to meet you Mr. William." I bow as well just to show respect because he bow down to me. "Please don't call me sir. I think we're both in same age I'm just taller that's all." he said and I can't believe that his my same age, because his really tall and mature, and his also hansom. 

He look at his watch. "Oh its really late I must be going now. See you around Mr. Alex White." He smiled a little and walks away as he wave good bye to me. It was so weird giving me a flower while I'm a boy. Well not really a boy, but why would he give rose to a boy anyway? Do I look like a girl that much? I sigh and went to my room. 

Mean while in Jack's room: Jack enter the door and He really wants to talk to Alex about classes and what happen. He brought some cola and some chips to hangout with Alex, but when he enter it was all empty. He drop the cola and the chips on the floor. He was so upset. He thought that Alex forgot about there friendship. He thought that Alex already forgot about him and wanted to go to a different room. Jack sits on the sofa alone and watch TV alone instead. Then he stand up and leave the room like he wants to go somewhere or meet someone.

I finally  reach in my new room. Its big and at least I have it all to myself, and I guess I can hide my gender easier this way than having a room mate. I take a bath and I was pretty upset about leaving Jack behind like nothing happen. I relax myself in the bathtub and close my eyes. Later that time Jack came out side of my room he knock on the door, but no one answer. He knock again and still no answer, so he pick lock the door and it work. He open the door and enter. "Alex? Are you in here?" He said but I didn't hear him. 

Jack look around the room and he open my bedroom. He saw my room looks like a girls room. He saw my clothes on the bed and its a girl's pajamas. He was confuse. "Could it be Alex is gay?" He whisper to himself. Then when I exit the bathroom. He saw me cover in towel and I saw him. "Aaaaahhhh!!" We both scream and I hide inside the bathroom. and lock the door. Jack cover his eyes with my clothes. "I-I'm sorry I didn't see anything I swear." Jack said as his eyes were close and h cover his face with his hands. "W-what are you d-doing in my room Jack?!" I shouted in the bathroom. 

Jack still cover his eyes and said. "I'm sorry I just miss my friend and I really want to talk to you Alex, but I didn't know that you were a girl. I'm really sorry." He keeps saying sorry. Jack sits on my bed and sigh. "Look I don't know why I feel something different to you. I thought I was loosing my mind. But now I found out that you were a girl it makes me happy." He said and I got angry. "What do you mean by that?! Are you saying your a pervert?!" I ask him in an angry voice.

"No, no. Not like that. I'm just happy that your a girl because I think I'm normal not gay. Because I feel something different every time I talk to you." Jack said and sigh. I open the door a little too take a pick and see him. He seem really trouble and upset. "I... I think that.... um... I think your a great person Alex. And I want to see you again. I think I like you." He said and smiled a little like he was happy to tell me how he feels. "Could you please come out Alex. I don't want to talk alone here." He stand up and look at the bathroom door. "Um... Okay, but could you at least hand me my pajamas." I said to him and he hand them to me. "Sorry about that. Here." He said and step back.

I change into my pajamas and exit the bathroom. "Hi" Jack said and smiled to me. "Hey" I greeted back and smiled back. He stand up, and he walk towards me. I walk slowly towards to him. I feel happy that he has feeling for me. because Jack is really kind to me. I smiled to him and little by little I think I'm hearing a beautiful melody. Like a love song for the both of us. "Alex look. What I said like I mean as a best friend or a sister. Okay." Jack said and then the music stop and my smile disappear. "Really?" I ask him. "Yes really. Why?" He ask me. "Oh nothing that's what I also think too. Hehehe Pfft." I make a fake laugh and just go with the flow. "Why did you pretend to be a boy Alex? Please tell me." He ask me. I really want to keep it, but now he found out that I'm a girl I told him everything. "Okay just don't tell anyone else." I said.

After a few minuets: "So you were engage to someone in this school and you don't know who he is?" He said. I nod and say "yes." Jack's face was confuse a little and he breed deep. "Look Jack if you if you don't want to be friends with me its okay. Just don't tell anyone my secret." I ask him a favor. The Jack look at me more confuse. "What?" I ask him. And he his me on the shoulder. "Come on Alex why would I not be friends with you? Your my buddy, my pal, my best friend. Of course I'll help you. And don't you dare try to stop me, because I'm telling ya that I will help you with your mission or what ever." He said ans smiled. I smiled back and I was so happy that he knew and accept me.  I guess Jack is really my best friend.

Jack leave the room and I wave good bye to him. I close the door and the lights. I went to bed and I just wish that Jack likes me different. But I guess I'm not his type. I'm just his best friend or his sister. I'll never find true love.