6 Mexico vs USA

I am going to the Mexico vs USA game on Saturday. I actually cannot contain all the excitement that I am feeling for this.

Let's take it back a little bit.

The first Mexico game I ever went to was the Gold Cup final in 2011-against USA. At 12 years old I remember being so super excited even though the only players I knew back then were Chicharito and Giovani and Ochoa. I remember crying when USA scored the first two goals and were beating Mexico. I remember having a broken heart while that was happening. I actually don't remember when Mexico scored their two goals to even it up. The only thing I remember from the third goal was my little sister crying because everyone was cheering too much when Mexico scored. The last goal I remember perfectly.

Chicharito was in the corner, he got it taken away and it was passed to Guardado. We all stood up. Guardado passed it to Giovani. We all held our breath. Tim Howard came out and missed, Gio kept the ball. We got on our toes. Gio kept trying to dribble around the defenders. I remember it being so quiet. Gio chips it. He scores. We went crazy. I screamed so loud. I jumped up and down. I hugged my other sister and screamed with her. I hugged my mom and dad and gave them high fives. We screamed and screamed and screamed. It was a beautiful day.

I absolutely cannot wait for this game. This is one of the biggest rivalries in the world and don't try to tell me it's not. There is so much hope, so much passion, so much dedication, so much pride, so much fear, so much hate.

This is the game that people dream of going to. People get so hyped and that feeling is all over the people there. You can feel the anxiety, the excitement, the hope for your team to win.

I cannot wait to experience this again. I love all of the Mexican supporters there, all of us that were so fortunate to be able to be there: to experience a game that can feel more important than a World Cup.

A game that everyone stops to watch. A game that people clear up their schedules for. A game that will be talked about for years and years. A game that will settle things.

A game that will prove that El Futbol es Nuestro.