Chapter: 5

"HEY! LISTEN UP!" yelled Mr. D, during breakfast.

I gulped down some Apple Juice, and continued to eat my breakfast burrito, knowing it's about last night.

"You all might remember Lando Vandal...erm, Leo Valdez, one of the 7 in the prophecy. Well, he sent us a letter asking us to find his dragon. I'm not surprised. Anyways, he asked his cousin Orlando Varnish...er, Oliver Valdez, to go and get it for him. He will be leaving tomorrow morning, along with two of his friends. Orlando...er, Oliver." said Mr. D, beckoning me to the front of the pavilion.

I stood up, and walked to the front. There were a few cheers and whoops, and sometimes someone tried to start up a chant. Sadly, they failed epically. Anyways, when I got up to the front, it went completely silent. Mr. D took a sip of his Coke, and looked at me expectantly. I looked back at him, and he remembered.

He put his coke down, and he said, "Oh, pick two people who you want to go with you."

I nodded, and sarcastically said, "Thanks."

I scanned the crowd for people. I could choose Malcolm. Or maybe Jason. They could be of help. Or maybe Nico. I had so many possibilities. So many friends. So many smart choices. But which are the best? My heart, or my head? Oh, I just rhymed. Hah. Anyways, I thought back to the past two days, and thought of who would be the best. I'll do one with my heart, one with my head.

"Trey. From Hephaestus." I said, smiling.

He got up, and walked over to me. The Hephaestus table cheered, then it went silent one more time.

"Who else should I pick?" I whispered to Trey.

"I don't know. Who do you think would be the best?" he whispered back.

I scanned the crowd.

"I think I know." I whispered to Trey.

"Then say it."

"Cheyenne. From Hades."

The whole room seemed to turn to the back table. Nico and Cheyenne were both peacefully eating their meal. I coughed, and said, "Cheyenne from Hades."

She stopped eating and her eyes grew wide. She swallowed, and turned to face the crowd slowly. I smiled, and she slowly looked up at me. Not sure if she was mad, or excited, because she fainted. I frowned, and said, "Can an Apollo kid help her out?"

Will got up calmly, and walked to the Hades table. He and Nico nodded to each other, and continued on what they were doing. Will bent down to Cheyenne, and took out a bottle of nectar. He opened it, and put it under her nose. She breathed in, and her eyes fluttered open. She shot up, grabbed the bottle, and breathed in the scent. She sighed, and smiled.

"She's ok." said Will, rolling his eyes.

I laughed, and said, "Well, then she can come on the quest with me."

"Quest? What?" Cheyenne turned to face me, with a confused look on her face.

"I said, you can come on the quest with me."

She smiled, and said, "I can?"

"Um, I'm pretty sure you can. I don't think there are any rules about it..." I said, making a mock thinking face.

She almost squealed, but she remembered to be serious. She put the bottle on the table, and walked up to the front. She stood next to me, and stood as tall as she could. We waited in silence for something to happen. I looked around, and gave Trey a confused look. He slightly shrugged his shoulders, and faked a cough.