Chapter: 3

I woke up by the sound of someone banging a sword against a shield. I groaned, and turned over. The sound stopped for a few seconds, then reappeared next to my bunk. I grabbed my pillow, and flung it at the sound. There was a swish, and a sound like ripping fabric. I groaned again, and tucked my whole body under my blanket. The banging got really loud this time. I sighed, and opened my eyes. I lifted my wrist up to my face. Then I remembered I didn't have a watch. The banging stopped, then someone got symbols and slammed them together.

"SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!" I yelled from under my coverers.

"Not until you get up." said Malcolm's voice.

I groaned, and threw my blanket off. I sat up, glared at Malcolm, and said, "Better?"

I then noticed that the whole cabin was grinning at me. I sighed, and said, "Ok, fine. I'll get up."

A pair of clothes were tossed at me, and I caught them. It was a pair of tan cargo pants, and an orange "Camp Half-Blood" shirt. I look at the sizes, and said, "How do you know my size?"

Malcolm grinned. "We brought an Aphrodite kid in, and asked her to get you a pair of clothes. She agreed, and just glanced at you. She left, and arrived not that long ago with these. Oh, and a fedora, but she took it back, realizing it wouldn't fit y-"

Then, a blond haired and hazel eyed girl ran in.

"Got it!" she said, waving a grey fedora.

The girl ran over to me, and placed the fedora next to me.

"Try it on! Please!" she said, almost begging.

"Er...uh...sureeee..." I said, slowly placing the fedora on my head.

It fit fine, felt a little itchy, but I guess it worked. I guessed that mainly because the girl squealed in delight. I gave her a crooked smile, and said, "Uh, thanks."

"No problem!" she said, running out.

"Well, that was random." I said.

The cabin laughed, and continued with what they were doing. I put on the clothes, and inspected myself. I looked good, needed a watch, but I was fine. I started to make my bed, when Malcolm said that it was almost breakfast time. I quickly finished making my bed, but I needed my pillow. I spun around, and saw it under a table. But it was cut in two. I frowned, and went to pick it up. I dusted it off, and placed the two halves next to each other on my bed.

"Ok, breakfast time!" said Malcolm, strapping his sword to his side. We filed out, and walked to the pavilion.

When we got there, I noticed that the place was half packed. Malcolm escorted me to a long park bench, with a grey owl in the center. I sat down, and took off my hat. A plate was set in front of me, and I licked my lips.

"M n' M pancakes, with lots of whipped cream and syrup. Oh, and some snausages."

"Snausages?" questioned Malcolm, across from me.

"Sausages. But cooler."

And with that, my meal appeared on my plate. I licked my lips again, and was about to dig in, but Malcolm stopped me.

"Remember, you have to give some of your food to the gods."

I frowned, took my plate, and walked over to a brazier. I pushed my sausages into the bowl, and said, "To Hades, for letting your son find me."

The fire turned black, and then back to the yellowish red. I walked back to my table, and began to eat. I reached for my cup, but noticed it was empty. I frowned, and then said, "Apple juice."