Chapter: 4

I stood at the river, in full armor. I was holding a spear I pulled from the card box, and my sword. It was in the middle of capture the flag, and so far, nothing major had happened. I saw a few monsters here and there, but they were neutral. Once, one hell hound literally walked right up to me. I was going to pet it, but it growled at me. Next thing you knew, it was a bunch of gold dust. Anyways, nothing had happened. It was getting really boring when I heard a rustle in the bushes.

I spun around, and saw no one.

"Who is it?" I said, drawing my sword.

"Me." said Cheyenne.

I stared at her. "Your one of Hades kids, right?"

"Yeah." She said, brushing herself off.

"I can't remember if you are on my team or not..."

"You're on my team." She said, walking up to me.

"Got it...what is it?" I asked, putting my spear back into my box.

"Nothing. I am supposed to be the spy for our team." She said, looking around.

"Ummmmm...then why are you over here?" I asked.

"No reason." She said, starting to mutter something.

"What? Hey! Stop!" bones were starting to wrap around my feet.

"Just so you know, you should never, ever, mess with me again." She said, taking out a knife.

"What are you doing?" I said, trying to cut the bones away with my sword, but they were growing fast. Soon, my body was wrapped fully in bones, except for my head.

Cheyenne put her hand into the bones, and took out my arm. The bones quickly stiffened my arm, and Cheyenne moved her knife toward my arm. She made a long gash on it, and then she let go. The blood ran down my arm, and the pain started up. I let out a small exhale, and shook my head. The blood was warm, but felt cold. It started to drip on the ground, and Cheyenne smiled.

"Don't mess with me again. Ever." She said, walking away.

The bones all fell down, and sank into the ground. I dropped my sword, and clutched my arm.

"Oooooo that burns." I said through clenched teeth.

I took my armor, then shirt off. I wrapped my shirt around my arm, and put my armor back on.

"MY GODS, THAT'S COLD." I said, shrinking away from my armor.

Slowly, I moved my body back toward it, and got used to it. I picked my sword back up, and thanked the gods that it wasn't my right arm she cut. I heard some rustling, and saw one of my teammates burst out of the bushes, followed by one of the opponents. I got ready, and rushed at the opponent. It was a girl, obviously a Demeter kid. Brown hair, and green eyes. Chest plate, chainmail gloves. Short sword. 3. 2. 1. Hit. Our swords clashed in a shower of sparks.

"Oliver! Keep her busy!" said my teammate, possibly a girl.

"Got it!" I said, parrying a blow to the shoulder.

I heard a clang like a hammer. I then noticed it was a Hephaestus kid. I jumped to the side, just in time to dodge a deadly blow. I slammed my sword against my opponent's sword, and dropped to the ground. I then kicked her shins, and rolled out of the way. Sadly, I kicked a tree stump, not a shin. I held my sword in front of me as I rolled, deflecting blows at the right time. I stopped after a while, and held a blow against my sword. I pressed against the girl's sword, slowly bringing it up. When it was high enough, I rolled away, and heard the satisfying swish of the sword sinking into the ground. I hopped up, and held my sword against the girl's neck.