Chapter 4

Blake has pulled up the ladder in the tree house so no one can come up.

We are all alone.

No one is around.

We sit together in the secret tree house watching the sun set.

"Have you ever slept in a tree house before?" he asks pulling me out of the sun sets trance.

"No. and I thought I was going to be home by 9?"

"It is Friday, and it is a nice night to sleep in a tree house." He says trying to persuade me. It doesn't take much.

We are just talking. It's nice to just have this moment together with no one else around.

I'm starting to fall asleep when I hear a noise below us.

"What was that?" I whisper.

"I'm not sure. Let me check." He sits up and crawls - yes CRAWLS - to the hole in the floor where the ladder should be. He quickly takes a look below and smiles.

"It's just a squirrel." He says with a laugh.

"Ha ha. Not funny." I say jokingly.

When he turns around and is starting to come back, I hear another noise. Something different. Not squirrel-like. Blake must've heard it too because he stops mid-crawl and holds a finger to his lips telling me to be quiet. I nod in response.

He silently looks down the hole again. He must have seen someone because a millisecond later he is back up hidden from view.

Right that second I hear someone shout up, "Hey! Eve! I know your up there!" It sounded like... but no it couldn't be.

I stand up and walk to the hole in the floor. I look down and there she is. My best friend. My only friend. My cousin. 

"Blake, its okay. its just my cousin, Savannah."

I'm letting the ladder down when I notice a sign. It says,

For my beloved Clara. I will always remember you.

"What are you doing up there?" I hear Savannah shout from the ground.

"Um... Blake? What does....Who wrote... Whats that?" I stutter pointing to the sign.

Okay! sorry it took me so long to write but i finally finished! :) thanks for reading!

~M