"Please, don't lie to me. I don't know why but from past two three days, you and mum have been acting strange. Like, pushing me to attend a family dinner, giving me a bit too much importance in front of them. Don't do this, you can't heal the wounds that are caused by years in just days. I am happy being an invisible soul in front of your happy family"

I didn't feel like talking to her more and remind myself each and every painful memory. I said, "Bye, Irene. I don't wanna talk more please," She nodded, her eyes carried so much disappointment but I didn't know if it was from me or from herself. She raised herself from bed and then walked towards the door, "Good luck for your marriage, Irene. I wish the best for you."

A small and weak smile appeared on her lips, her eyes shot a sympathetic glance at me leaving me with gazillion of questions that why did she? "Thanks, come for dinner downstairs."

She was about to leave but I spoke up, stopping her steps that were moving away from me, it felt like a piece of heart was separated from me. "Um, Irene. Since when I've been invited to have dinner with my dad, step-mum and sister? Never did before so why now? Ariel will bring my dinner to my room...like always." There when she had to shot the sympathetic glance to me, her eyes brightened with some hopes shining in them. I was again boggled that if it was for me or for her.

"Oh, have a dinner and then sleep well, don't destroy your sleep at least today, tomorrow you have to look fresh." She went after saying that. Why did I have to look fresh? It was her marriage and surely no one was gonna offer their attention to me?

I knew that she knew I used to stay up all night and admire my bae; internet. But I wasn't gonna listen to her, I waited for Ariel and then after some time she came with my food.

I happily had my dinner, alone. The curry was my favourite. I satisfied my tastebuds then a naughty grin made its way to my lips, I closed the lamps and opened my laptop.

>

Sun rays peeked through the windows, making me groan in my sleep. I was finding the pillow, when I found it, I stuffed my face under that. Before I could fall into deep slumber again, my mother's voice boomed in my ears, making me wince in displeasure.

"Scarlet, wake up!"

"Scarlet, wake up!"

"Gosh, mum. Don't scream." I groaned and sat up on the bed, she wrinkled her nose seeing me.

"Like what you see?" A smirk crawled on my lips, making her roll her eyes at me.

"Shut up, go freshen up and come downstairs. And offer a glance to your watch too, Scarlet. You're hell late." I grunted, she gritted her teeth but then left without insulting me. I lazily grabbed the watch resting on the side table, my eyes widened as I saw it was almost 12pm already. Marriage was suppose to be at 3pm, I headed to bathroom with my messy hair presenting a look of tangled threads. My eyes were puffy, the mascara was melted. I did my thing, and bathed peacefully. After pouring the warm water more than a lot, I walked out of the bathroom, with only a towel draped around me.

I looked on the watch, it was 12:30 pm, I hurried and dried my hair. I put on the dress that I bought with Kate for Irene's marriage. I put on the cream colored, full sleeved, plain backless dress. I admired the fishtail and those pearls and emerald colored stones filled sleeves, wore the flowery designed earings. I applied foundation and then I did some smokey eye makeup and curled my little eyelashes.

I rolled my brunette hair and twisted the front layer and then clamped them at back, but I let some loose curls pop out. In front of the mirror, I batted as if I was a high school's fashionista. After applying pale pink lipstick, I slipped my feet into my heels.