12. The Formation and The Suspicion

Start from the beginning

"You did not command it right," I asked getting back to the topic, "just now when you created that tornado and even Tyrell didn't, when he formed lightning on his palm."

"Hayden, I told you, we mastered it. Sometimes without any command our stone works for us, it can read our minds."

"So cool!" I said, impressed, "One last question, what happens if the stone commands us back?"

"You put yourself in trouble and trust me you don't want to be in anymore because if the stone keeps commanding you, doctor will never give you permission to mix up with normal people for the obvious reasons."

"Oh!" That was one thing I couldn't afford. I have to go outside. I still have my family-my aunt who loves me a lot. Also, I needed to ask her why she specifically mentioned the story of the two kings to me that is somehow related to the place Pruthvi claims to be now.

"Now close your eyes and concentrate," said Celina when I didn't question her anymore, "And oops! I almost forgot, wear this rubber glove. Since this is your first time and your stone having this reputation of being an uncontrollable one, anything can happen. So it's better we take some precautions."

I was astonished watching her being so thoughtful. I smiled feeling thankful and watched her taking out the glove from her other pocket and handing it over to me.

I took a deep breath to clear my mind. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on my stone. I felt a minute pain in my forehead, when the image of the stone appeared and suddenly changed into a picture of the same girl I perceived before. I wrinkled my forehead trying hard to keep my eyes closed for longer time, focusing more on her; the girl who looked svelte and tender; running towards me, staring at me through her big deep eyes, her robes tightly hugging her. She looked scared and was definitely trying to talk to me.

All of a sudden I felt a pounding sensation in my head as I shouted-

"FLAME FORMATION!"

"Well done!" Celina cried at once, making me lose my focus.

I quickly opened my eyes to watch the paper in my hand to be already on fire and turning into ashes. I felt so proud that I was successful in my first attempt. But I was surprised on the fact that I emphasized the same girl again. She was definitely seemed to be in some kind of danger and wanted to tell me something. I opened my mouth to speak about her with Celina but I quickly shut it. What if it was my stone playing tricks with me? What if she laughs at me for picturing some random girl?

Why it has to be a girl? What can't I picture the tasty chocolate ice cream my mom used to make?

Thanks to the door knock that distracted my thoughts.

Celina, feeling irritated by the sudden disturbance, went ahead to open the door. It was Maahir standing on the other side.

"Hey Maahir, what's up?" she said trying not to be apprehensive.

"I want the daily report from you and the new person," he said holding up a slate with a paper pinned onto it and a pen. His eyes oscillated from her to me and then to her suspiciously, "I didn't expect you to be here."

Celina stood straight contemplating on a reason. "I am here just to talk to Hayden. Just to talk, nothing else."

She tried to sound a lot confident, but there was quiver in her voice, that was making her otherwise.

"And what you are doing right now?" Maahir asked.

"Oh! Nothing, I was explaining Hayden about the rules of the academy."