Rosen was behind the wheel this time, and Cole was looking at a good old fashioned map. Neither of the boys owned smartphones, claiming they were too easy to track and also too expensive to replace often, so they had to resort to other resources when obtaining information.

"I'm so sick of trees, I think i'm ready to move into a big city for college," I groaned, making Rosen laugh lightly.

"We'll make another stop soon before we enter Virginia and find a place to stay," Cole assured, tapping his thumb on the window. I nodded my head along to his response, and also to the beat of the music emanating from the speakers.

"Whatever happened to your CDs?" I asked Rosen, recalling the huge stack he'd had in his old car. But they had torched that car back in New York to avoid any evidence.

"I kept them, but they're back with Amanda," He admitted, disappointment creeping into his voice. He had probably worked hard on all those CDs, and who knew when he could go back and get them.

"Rosen," Cole interrupted, leaning forward to look out the side mirror better. "Think someone is following us."

"What?" I asked, turning to look out the back window. There were like four cars behind us. "How can you tell if they are following us?"

"Watch," Cole muttered. I continued keeping my eyes on the line of traffic, when a sleek silver car suddenly stood out to me. At first, I wasn't sure why but then I noticed it veering left, almost crossing the yellow line, before swerving right and quickly slipping back behind the truck in front of it.

"What are they doing," I furrowed my eyebrows, looking back at the boys. Rosen's jaw was clenched and the orange indicator on the speedometer moved up clockwise.

"They're checking to see if we are still up here, and then trying to use the truck as a shield," Cole explained.

"Pretty stupid move if you ask me," Rosen added. passing a white SUV. "Most likely more young recruits."

"I wonder why they haven't sent the big guys in yet," Cole mused, rubbing his neck. "We obviously have escaped enough times now."

"Good question," Rosen mumbled, watching the mirror. When the speedometer began showing eighty miles per hour, I decided I should probably put my seatbelt on. The next intersection we got to, Rosen took a sharp left turn and continued down the road, this time only going five above the speed limit.

I craned my neck to look out the back window, and Rosen muttered a curse the same moment the silver car began following up behind us.

"We need to get into town, and fast. Cole, lookup the closest route to town," Rosen demanded, hitting the accelerator. This time, the silver car had realized it was caught, and began catching up to us.

"Next right," Cole ordered, and the turn came up not five seconds later. The tires squealed as we blew through the stop sign and turned right. I felt my heart rate begin to pick up, and Rosen's hands were tight on the steering wheel.

Thankfully that right turn led right into town, and Rosen was able to slow down. He said that the Def wouldn't risk exposure and run us off the road in town.

The silver car had been pretty far behind us, and my eyes widened when Rosen took a quick turn into an alley. Cole and Rosen both shared a look before getting out of the car.

"What-" I began confused, right as Rosen opened my door. He leaned over and unbuckled my seatbelt, his arm brushing my stomach. His green eyes met mine, and he must have read the confusion on my face.

"You and I are getting out. Going to hide out in town while Cole drives around and tries to lose them. It's best if we split up," he explained quickly, resituating the two guns in his jeans. He was wearing a jacket, and pulled it closed to help hide the obvious shape of the guns.