2 Sick

They looked at each other, trying to gouge the other's reaction to my story. Sam already knew most of what happened to me so I didn't expect her to look so shocked. In a flash of blue hair she was looking back at me to help her understand.

We were now in her room. It was a lot cooler than mine with lights going all around of various colours and posters filling up the walls. She had a vinyl player with "Michael Jackson's greatest hits" on the ready to play. I sat by the pillows of her bed while Sam and grey eyes laid together at the end.

"They left you?" She asked, seeming like she couldn't believe what I had told her. I was no longer in the pack so I wondered what she thought could have happened to me.

"I was weak; they had no choice." She gaped at me. Soon her hands were on my arms shaking me back and forth as if she thought that I needed some sense knocked into me.

"Of course they had a choice Violet. Leaving you to die wasn't exactly a last resort." I internally scoffed. She didn't realize that my parents had raised me to be an Alpha's mate, practically engrained how to be a Luna. They worked so hard on me just to find out I was a waste of their time.

"We're they supposed to let me become Luna?" She lowered her gaze to the floor.

I didn't know why she seemed so guilty. Maybe it was because she took my place as Ruby pack's future Luna. Despite her taking my place, I wasn't mad. I wasn't even jealous. She was strong, fast, and could be dominant over others when she had to be. She was what every Luna should be.

I began to think about my parents. They were probably still in Ruby pack, trying as hard as possible to fix their name that had been run through the ground by having an omega daughter. They would have probably tried to have another child although it was hopeless. A werewolf can only have children while they are in their twenties.

"It's so strange" the boy said, "I know every wolf in my pack but I don't remember you."

I wasn't surprised by this. Before high school started, I stayed at home. The only time that I went outside was to go to the laundry room. Sandra, one of the women there would bring me dinner while I worked so I never needed to go to the pack house. I only ate one meal a day because I preferred to be away from judging eyes. The few people who knew of my existence before school were the few women who work with me, and Alpha Stevens.

"That's alright." I told him. The only reason that I knew that he was Alpha Steven's son was that he had a picture of him as a child in his office. I was brought there when Alpha had to assign me a job.

"No actually it isn't. My father gave me an assignment to find out the names of everyone in our pack so that I could be a good alpha, and I couldn't even do that." I frowned.

"Don't worry about it. I won't be here for much longer anyways." My confession slipped out and I quickly shut my big mouth. Sam had plastered on her shocked face all over again.

"Vi" what are you saying?" I sighed as she used her old nickname for me to try and get me to spill.

I had always wanted to be in a pack but I was never wanted in one. They didn't deserve an omega wasting their resources. I had decided a year ago that I would move to a big city once I had graduated high school.

"Mates are always close in ranking. I will either have an omega or a human mate, either way they won't be here. Most omegas leave their pack because they are weak and are picked on. My best chance on finding my mate is in the city and that's where I'm going once I have my diploma."