1 Omega

I never was much.

My parents abandoned me when they realized that they had an omega daughter. They were both of alpha blood and nobody knows why but I just was never as strong as I was supposed to be. At the time I was living in Ruby pack with my father as alpha and my mother as Luna. We were the strongest pack in the entire state and they couldn't have a weak daughter holding them down.

Every wolf when they turn eight must take a number of tests. The judges are always Lunas from ally packs. They tested my stamina, my dominance over others, and they tested my howl. To test your stamina they tell you to pick up a a weight one by one. Basically when you couldn't pick up a weight it told the judges what your stamina was. To test your dominance over others you were told to make an alpha, a beta, a third, and an omega submit to you. To test your howl you had to howl and there would be people all over the forest to see how far away they can hear it from.

On my eighth birthday, when each wolf would be tested to determine their ranking, I got last. I failed each test miserably and was made the laughing stalk of the pack. Only my best friend, Samantha had tried to stick up for me.

My parents asked me if I had been feeling sick that day and to be honest I was but I didn't tell them that because they would think that be being sick is why I failed and they would make me embarrass myself all over again.

My parents were shocked to say the least and when I woke up the morning after, I was in a forest alone. While I had been sleeping my so called family had dropped me off into the neighbouring rival pack and left me to die.

I never howled before the tests and i never howled after so I could avoid being further mortified.

The pack's alpha spared my life but I had to join their pack. I don't know why they wanted me in the first place since I was just an omega. Alpha Steven was the nicest alpha I had ever met and I hoped that the next alpha of my old pack would be just as kind. Be the kind of leader that I couldn't be.

I am weak. Worthless.

The Soul pack that I was accepted in was curious as to how I could have alpha blood, because of how badly I had ranked, and many called me a liar. For all I knew I wasn't a descendant from alphas at all. I only knew about myself what my parents told me. I could have been adopted for all I knew.

The first few years in Soul pack were hard for me. I had no friends and no family so I wandered around the town lost, and alone. Eventually Alpha Steven told me that I had to do my share of work and I started to do the laundry. Of course I wasn't the only one since there were over four hundred werewolves in the pack but I still had a lot of work to do.

When I hit the age of fourteen and had to go to high school for the first time and I had been nervous. I didn't know anyone there. I had seen many of them around but they never spoke to me. To them I was the pack's laundry maid.

Some of the faces I didn't recognize at all. There weren't enough teenagers in just one pack to make a high school so the students there came from four different packs: The Soul pack, the River pack, the Shadow pack, and lastly the pack that I had grown up in, the Ruby pack. I did have friends from Soul pack but I didn't know if they would want to be friends with a weak omega. The friend I missed the most was Sam. We had been inseparable ever since we had met in in first grade and she had hit me in the head. I hit her in the head back and bam we were friends.

I didn't know if I would have to sit alone or if I would be made fun of for my weak wolf but I had left for school hoping for the best.

The first half of the day had gone by quickly and I was relieved. Nobody even noticed who I was which I was grateful for. For lunch I went home to my always empty house so I wouldn't be humiliated by the fact I had no one to sit with. By the third class I was confident in saying that nothing bad was going to happen to me until at the end of class, Maryanne, from Ruby pack called me out.

"Hey, you!" I turned around and looked at her. Her hair was light brown with numerous highlights and it was perfectly straight like she had spent lots of time on it. She wore a short black dress that left nothing to the imagination as she looked me over. "Aren't you that worthless omega from our pack?" With those words a crowd started to form with me alone with Maryanne in the circle of bodies. She popped a bubble with her gum as she waited for me to respond. I didn't. I was worthless and couldn't fight her.

Everyone waited for something to happen until a girl came out of the crowd to stand beside me. It was Sam. "Watch your tongue Maryanne before I rip it out. She was once a future Luna and that's more than you'll ever be." I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Maryanne huffed and sashayed away. "You better close that mouth of yours before flies go in," Sam told me.

I closed my mouth but quickly opened it to say "Sam!" I gave her a huge hug and to my surprise she hugged me back. Her blue hair blocked my vision for a second and I pulled away to look at her. "You died your hair!" She open mouthed a smile and nodded her head. She picks up a strand of it and started twirling the blue hair around her fingers.

"Yeah I was tired of my dull dirty blonde so I thought what the hell." I hugged her again and this time she pulled away. "I missed you! What happened?"

The second bell rang telling us that we were late for our last class and i left in the other direction before I could explain.

When the last bell finally rang, I went outside and waited for Sam to come out. I waited five minutes and was thinking about just leaving when I saw her figure exit the front door. Beside her was a tall boy with thick black hair and an arm around her waist.

I don't know why but I could feel a part of me grow angry and jealous. I had never felt this part of me before and I realized that it must be my wolf slowly maturing. She must be upset about how he has my friend's attention.

It's odd. I knew that wolves hit maturity at eighteen but I hadn't realized that they started developing so early.

Sam finally saw me and unhooked herself from the boy to run towards me. She was the strongest shewolf in her entire pack so it didn't take long for her to catch up to me. The boy and Sam stood in front of me and I didn't really know what I could say. It clicked in my head that I knew the boy. It was Alpha Steven's only son and the future Alpha of Soul pack.

For a few moments nobody said anything. Fortunately Sam was always the one who knew exactly what to do and she asked, "Do you wanna hang out at my house today? I want to know everything." I nodded my head and started to walk with them.

Sam and who I would suspect to be her boyfriend start to walk behind the school and I try to keep up with their quick pace. They looked like opposites. His eyes were a light grey and his hair was black, in contrast with her dark brown eyes and bright blue hair. He was tall and muscular and she was small and lean. I didn't mean that they looked like a bad couple because actually, they looked perfect for each other. They walked side by side with their hands linked and her head slightly leaning into him. Honestly I started to feel a bit like a third wheel.

What I thought was my wolf, growled at their show of affection but I hushed the feeling and reminded myself that I will also find my mate someday. For now I had my best friend which is more than I ever thought I would have.

AN
Yes yes another story. I couldn't help myself.