Chapter 22

"Hey, Russia?" Estonia spoke up that night as they lay in bed together.

"Da?"

"What's with your scarf? You don't even take it off during sex."

A few moments passed before Russia answered.

"My sister gave it to me."

"So?" Estonia asked with a laugh, rolling over to face him, "Raivis gave me a flower crown once, but you don't see me wearing it all the time."

"It gets cold." Russia tried again.

"If you feel cold while having sex, something is probably wrong with you."

"My scarf... it's a part of me." Russia sighed.

Estonia considered this for a moment.

"Can you take it off?"

"Eesti...?"

"I want to know what you look like without it." Estonia said simply.

"Da... well..." Russia sighed, "Fine."

A smile spread over Estonia's face and he sat upright.

"Aitäh... um... spasiba...?" He tried to repeat it in Russian, but somehow thought that he didn't do very well.

Russia seemed happy, though, and hesitantly unwrapped the scarf from around his neck. Estonia inched closer, grabbing his glasses so that he could see better. What were those dark spots-

"Russia!" As soon as his glasses were on his face, he could clearly see the red marks covering Russia's neck, "What... what it this?"

Russia looked up in confusion.

"What? Oh."

"What are they from?" Estonia asked slowly.

"Belarus is scary when she gets angry." Russia said softly.

Estonia's gaze snapped up to Russia's face.

"When was this?"

Russia laughed hoarsely.

"This isn't from one specific event, Eesti. She comes over often nowadays."

Estonia shook his head and kissed Russia quickly.

"And you let her because she's the only one to talk to." Estonia murmured.

Russia hesitated before nodding.

"Russia, you can't..." Estonia's voice trailed off, "Is this what triggers your fits now?"

"I'll be okay. I have you, da?" Russia avoided the question.

Estonia sighed heavily before laying down and wrapping his arms around him protectively.

"Always, Russia."

A/N: And I think that I can draw this story to a close! I hope that you enjoyed it. It was definitely a lot of fun to write. If people want, I may consider writing a sequel.