Chapter 18

Canada sank into his chair in embarrassment. Of course his idiotic brother was rattling on about some amazing plan that will save the world or whatever. How were they related again? 

A tap on his shoulder temporarily distracted him from his humiliation. He turned around, blinking in surprise when no one was there. He shrugged it off and sat back in his seat. He then noticed a piece of paper taped to his name tag. Had it always been there? He quickly peeled it off and opened it to read.

"Hey, Canada! Can you meet Liet and I at the end of the meeting?

-Pol"

Canada smiled and looked up to spot Poland. Sure enough, he was sitting across the table with a mischievious grin on his face. Canada returned the smile and nodded.

After what felt like forever, the meeting ended and, not being able to find Poland, Canada approached Lithuania.

"Hi, Lithuania. You and Poland wanted to talk to me?"

Lithuania looked away awkwardly.

"Um... yeah. Poland's just changing. You know how he doesn't feel comfortable in these suits."

"England's the only one who is." Canada laughed.

"Oh, um... by the way... I-I kept meaning to thank you."

"For what?"

"Well, you never really..." Lithuania paused and tried again, "Even when I was living at Mr. Russia's house, you still saw me as my own country, so..."

Canada looked up, smiling.

"I don't see why you have to thank me for that. You managed pretty well on your own. I actually really respect you for standing up to Russia like that. I mean, that... what did you call it? The chain of people singing. That was absolute genius."

Lithuania turned bright red.

"W-well... a lot of that was Estonia..."

Canada laughed and shook his head.

"Well, I'm sure that it took a lot of strength from you, too. Your brothers are lucky to have you, Lithuania."

"I..." Lithuania's voice trailed off and he stared at the ground.

"Hey, guys! Sorry I took so long!" Poland called as he ran down the hall.

"It's no problem." Lithuania said.

There was a slightly uncomfortable silence.

"So... was there anything in particular that you wanted to talk about?" Canada asked.

"Yeah, um..." Lithuania stopped.

Poland took a deep breath.

"We wanted to know if you would want to go out with us, like as a poly relationship." He said quickly.

Canada looked up in confusion.

"Wait... what?"

"Does no one here know what a polyamorous relationship is?!" Poland exclaimed exasperatedly.

"No, I know what it means." Canada said quietly, "I just..."

"I-it's okay if you're not interested." Lithuania said.

"N-no, I... I'm not America, you know."

"Well, duh." Poland laughed, "You have that cute curly thing instead of a weird sticky-uppy thing."

Canada blushed and said something under his breath that sounded along the lines of,

"They recognize me..."

After a moment he spoke up,

"Y-yeah. I'd love to go... to go out with you."

The words had barely left his mouth when he felt Poland jump on him and start hugging him.

"Maple..."

"Be careful not to choke him, Poland."

Poland reluctantly loosened his grip on Canada and instead leaned forward to kiss him. Canada blushed but returned the kiss, smiling when Poland had pulled away and leaning forward to give a startled Lithuania a kiss as well.

A/N: And this story arc is now over! I have a couple more in mind, so this story probably will go over my estimate of twenty chapters. Please, I am begging you, comment! Anything at all! It doesn't even have to make sense! I just want to hear someone say something on here!